Hello, beautiful people.
I know that I have not made a post for the past two weeks, sorry about that🙏. I had weddings to attend, family gatherings and also friends to meet up with. Sometimes I wonder if anyone really cares when I go ‘MIA’😂😂 but oh well.
So I just started watching the second season of Heart Signal (Chinese Version), and I wanted to share my thoughts on what I have seen so far. I plan to continue doing this for each episode I watch.
Now for those who have no idea what Heart Signal is, no worries, I got you. Heart Signal is originally a Korean variety show where six to eight strangers live together in the same house for a month. The house is known as the Signal House. Basically, the primary purpose of the show is to discover if these six to eight individuals can find love and even build a relationship in the Signal House. Their mission is to send an anonymous text to the person they like every night. The show also has panellists with various experiences in dating and love. The people on the panel are placed in a separate studio where they can observe, comment and even attempt to predict the potential lovers in the Signal House.
I am not the biggest fan of reality shows because I know that not everything I get to see in the final cut is the real deal. A lot of editing has been done to make things look a certain way. But yet, I just have a soft spot for romance, so here I am😊😊.
So before I begin throwing out my thoughts, here is a formal introduction of the panellist and cast members for this season. There are six individuals on the panel and also six housemates in the Signal House.
(Pardon the picture quality, I just had to stick with screenshots).
– Victoria Song
– Yang Chao Yue
– Zheng Kai
– Rainie Yang
– Du Hai Tao
– Liu Xuan
Signal House Cast:
– Chen Yi Chen
– Zhan Qi Jun
– Yang Kai Wen
– William / Wu Xiang Wei
– Zhang Tian
– Wu Pei
My Thoughts on Episode 1:
- My favourite moment is when Qi Jun tells Yi Chen that he is handsome. Yi Chen’s reaction was so funny and the way Qi Jun said it was what made that moment even more amusing to me. Here is a little clip of that moment.
- So far, my favourite housemate is Chen Yi Chen. This is not just because he is handsome or because of his resemblance to Chen Kun, who happens to be one of my favourite actors. What I actually love about him is that, although he seems shy, he always says the right things at the perfect time. Timing is crucial in this show, and so far, he has that down. Also, I love how attentive he is. I am really rooting for him and Zhang Tian to be a couple at the end.
- I love how confident William is, but I also feel that he needs to be a little bit more relaxed. Because so far, he comes off as someone who you cannot really connect with and is also very hard to approach. But from the previews, I see some improvement. So all the best to him.
- Qi Jun is very straightforward, and I admire that. The only problem is that he is not the most attentive person in the room. This was very evident while he was cooking with Wu Pei. There were a lot of signals thrown at him, but Qi Jun was too focused on cooking and missed his chance to form a proper connection with her.
- It was so awkward when all the guys were in the same room waiting for a text, and then all three ladies decided to text only Yi Chen. That was not fun to watch.
- Among the girls, Wu Pei seems to be more straightforward. She was very comfortable once she entered the house. She had her eyes on Qi Jun and just went with it, but unfortunately, he could not keep her attention. I love her personality, and I wish I could be like her sometimes.
- I will say I am more like Zhang Tian, the shy type, but I always find a way to make sure that the person I like stays in contact with me. Zhang Tian is definitely attracted to Yi Chen, and she did all her best to get Yi Chen’s attention. So far, she succeeded in getting a text from him on the first night, but who knows what might happen in the upcoming episodes.
- Kai Wen has not really made an impression on me so far, but I hope to see more from her as the show progresses.
So that is all I have to say. Keep an eye out for my thoughts on Episode 2. That will be a much shorter post since I have already done all the necessary introductions in this post. Feel free to leave your predictions and thoughts on the housemates so far.
Here is a link to the English subbed version of the show: Heart Signal 2 (Chinese Version) on Viki
Until my post, take care.