Red Velvet just released a repackaged album – ‘The ReVe Festival’ Finale, which features the title track “Psycho”Red Velvet is a South Korean girl group managed by SM Entertainment. The group consists of five members – Irene, Wendy, Joy, Seulgi and Yeri. They officially debuted as a four-member group on the 1st of August, 2014 with the digital single – “Happiness.” Later on, in March 2015, Yeri was added to the group as the fifth member.
(Note – this is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to this song.)
Reaction to Official MV:
- Damn, they already got me with that high note. I am pumped and ready for this to be a bop.
- That note hits hard because of the silence at the beginning of this song. You do not expect it.
- All the girls look stunning.
- I love this dark makeup look going on here.
- Nice touch with the finger-snapping at the start.
- What is this beat? It is weird, but I like it.
- Yesss, Wendy bless me with your wild falsetto.
- The chorus is perfect, and I love the choreography. Very smooth and sharp.
- The aesthetics of this music video is quite impressive. I love how everything looks a bit faded out.
- Wait a minute there. Everyone sounds great, but WHATEVER SEULGI JUST DID AT THE 1:37 MINUTE MARK DESERVES A REPLAY.
- Woooh, she served vocals on that line.
- Irene’s beauty is a blessing to my eyes. How can someone be so beautiful and talented?
- The pre-chorus section is definitely my favourite part of the song. That falsetto start always gets me.
- The instrumental for this track is so good. I am not a music expert, so I cannot point out all the exciting things I hear correctly.
- Like just listen to the beat right at the 2:54 minute mark of the music video. What is that? Whoever engineered this is a genius.
- That part of the instrumental sounds like a car engine, but it fits so well with the song.
- Red Velvet always comes out with such experimental sounds, but it works for them.
- Yesss….. to this ending section of the song “Hey now we’ll be ok… it’s alright.” I LOVE THIS.
- THIS IS DEFINITELY A BOP AND A HALF. lit, lit….lit
- 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏. Great job, Red Velvet.
- They nailed every part of this song. I also love this concept.
- Time to watch the MV again.
- I think a few scenes in this music video reference some visuals from their previous videos.
- This is so good. The girls popped off.
- I love this era for them.
- I am adding this song to my playlist. Also, I need the actual album.
- My rating for “Psycho” by Red Velvet is 10/10.