On October 9th, DAWN released his 1st mini-album titled DAWNDIDIDAWN. This EP has five songs, including the title track “DAWNDIDIDAWN (Feat. Jessi)”
To read a brief profile for this artist, use this link 👉🏼 DAWN – MONEY: Music Review.
(Please note – this is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to each song.)
Reaction to Title Track/MV:
- I have heard a bit of the chorus and seen the dance because I follow PNation, DAWN and Jessi on Instagram. It seemed catchy, now let’s see what the full song has to offer.
- I have my English captions, and I’m ready to get my groove on💃🏼.
- Okay, 15 seconds in, and I can officially say that “DAWNDIDIDAWN” is a BOP. No second opinion needed here; I SAID WHAT I SAID.
- With that out of the way, Ladies and Gentlemen, it is time to PARTY!!!
- I love the whistling + the black/white pallet for the music video.
- The choreography is so tight and slick. DAWN and the dancers were killing from the first second.
- I can’t even pay attention to the lyrics because I’m too busy dancing.
- The chorus is very catchy and addictive. It’s the type of tune that could stay stuck in my head for days.
- It’s an excellent marketing strategy to have his name as the album’s title and dropping it all over the promotion track.
- I adore DAWN’s quirky/edgy personality.
- His outfits are also perfect for this concept. My favourite is the first piece he had on at the beginning.
- Yessss, Jessi…“Hey DAWN, What’s going on?” I was waiting for her, and I love the beat switch up for her part.
- “DAWNDIDIDAWN” is simply a feel-good song, and I am here for that vibe. I LOVE THIS SONG.
Highlight medley –
- DAWNDIDIDAWN (Feat. Jessi) – PARTY!!! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
- Still (Feat. Crush) – This is more on the chill side. I love the groovy beat; it makes me want to body roll. DAWN sounds excellent on this track. I am happy that he made sure to include catchy melodies in these songs. This is essential to push out his music to a broader audience. Yessss! Crush came in smooth like butter on hot toast + his vocal runs in the background add in such a sweet touch. “Still” is a vibe, and I am loving every bit of it.
- Tantara – I am living for this trumpet and guitar intro. What the heck is this production? The beat is fat on this track, and I am grooving 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼. The progression into the chorus is a whole mood. Ooo, DAWN, did not come to play with anyone. You all better wake up and dance. The chorus!!! WHAT? I am so pumped, and it’s 12:10 am right now. Sorry for the people living upstairs because it’s a club up in my apartment right now.
- Butterfly – I love the intro, and I feel it’s about to be another BOP. The rhythm of this one is insanely good. A few times, I’ve mentioned how EDM/trap has become quite a repetitive sound in the K-pop scene, and I was getting tired of it. Nonetheless, when someone does it this tastefully, I always enjoy and have a good time with the song. “Butterfly” does have elements of that genre, but it can slightly lean towards the hip-hop department as well, so I LOVE IT. Good Job, DAWN👏👏👏.
- Ordinary Night – Another song with whistling, and I love the guitar intro. The subtle beat switch up for the pre-chorus threw me off for a few seconds, but I’m good. Is it just me, or is this song an intense pop-EDM mix? I still like it, but if I was to rank the album, “Ordinary Night” would be last on my list. DAWN sounds amazing, + the entire EP stayed solid till the end.
Here is the album on Spotify:
Honestly, this was a feel-good album and the perfect way to close my day. I will be listening to this EP on repeat throughout this weekend. I’ve been in a very hyper mood recently, and I want to maintain the momentum. Every song was a jam, but I do have my favourites, which happen to be the first three tracks. Thank you, DAWN, for such a solid fifteen minutes and fifty-one seconds of continuous dancing. My rating for his 1st mini-album, DAWNDIDIDAWN, is 10/10.