Ailee is back with her new EP, Lovin’. It contains six songs, including the title track – “Make up your mind”. Let’s jump right into this review; I’m so excited!!
(Please note – this is a real-time review. Meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to each song.)
Reaction to Title Track/Official MV:
- The visuals for this music video are so stunning.
- Ailee came through with the vocals as usual + I love the bouncy instrumental. Just from the first fourteen seconds, I’m already in love with this song.
- She and Park Eun Seok are serving chemistry!!! They both look beautiful and will make such a perfect drama couple😍.
- I’m enjoying the vibe of this song a lot. I also like that the instrumental progression is not too predictable.
- Okay, the visuals, though!!! The visuals are insane, and Ailee is serving looks in the gowns, so gorgeous.
- “Make up your mind” will be on repeat today. I LOVE IT.
- Tattoo – I don’t why, but songs that start immediately with singing always throw me off but not necessarily in the wrong way. More like I’m caught off guard since I tend to expect a few seconds of solo instrumentalization before vocals😅. Anyways I love the background vocals on this track; Ailee sounds beautiful. Although I like “Tattoo”, I won’t say I’m completely in love with it. It is missing something, but overall it’s still a pretty okay song.
- Make up your mind – I love this sound for me and have nothing more to add here.
- 525 – This right here is my vibe. I live for a well-produced and beautifully delivered R&B track. Ailee is serving queen vocals on this one, + the instrumental is perfect. I believe “525” is my first favourite on this EP; it came correct.
- Lose myself to you – Wow, this one is a slow groove, and I’m enjoying every second of it. Ailee did not come to play on this record. I love her vocal presence and the smooth energy on these songs. I was slightly scared after the first song didn’t impress me much, but my queen came through.
- Ain’t talkin’ about me – I love the headphone effect on this track. Ailee’s voice moves from one ear to another during certain sections. It’s official; this EP is serving full-on R&B/Soul goodness but with a few dashes of EDM. I am enjoying this blend of sounds accompanied by Ailee’s gorgeous voice. “Ain’t talkin’ about me” is my third favourite.
- Spring Flowers – This is the slowest song so far, and I also love this sound. Honestly, I wasn’t expecting the chorus to take a slightly higher tempo, but it still sounds beautiful. Also, whoever is accompanying Ailee with the guitar is doing a fantastic job. I love the chord progression on “Spring Flowers”; it feels very fresh compared to the other tracks.
Alright, I went back for a second listen of “Tattoo”, and it does sound better, but it’s still my least favourite on this EP. The remaining five songs are my vibe.
Overall, I’ll say I enjoyed the fresh and lively feeling of this EP. It truly felt like Spring while listening to each song. Ailee sang beautifully all through, but I believe what didn’t come through 100% for me was the instrumentals/production. Those aspects just felt a tad bit lacking. I’m no expert, so take my opinion with a grain of salt because it’s all based on what I heard and felt. In conclusion, my rating for Lovin’ by Ailee is 9.5/10.