I finally got some time on my hands, and I didn’t want to miss out on reviewing CHUNG HA‘s latest single, “X”. This song is a pre-release to her 1st full album titled Querencia, which drops on February 15th.
(Please note – this is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to this song.)
Reaction to Official MV:
- Right off the bat, I love the instrumental for this song.
- I truly missed Chung Ha’s voice.
- I know she’s been releasing singles since last year, but I didn’t have the opportunity to check them all.
- So far, I’m enjoying the soft vibes of this song + Chung Ha sounds lovely.
- The visuals for the music video are fascinating. I love how the base is black & white with a few splashes of chromatic colours. These all add to the striking presence of the music video.
- Wow, Chung Ha is stunning, and her outfit is also beautiful. I would love to buy all the jewelry she has on.
- I like the message of this song. If someone doesn’t support you during the downtimes, they don’t deserve friendship or love once you’re in a better place or position.
- It’s always refreshing to hear Chung Ha’s vocals on a ballad, + the instrumentalization on this track is superb, so “X” is playlist worthy.
- I give this song a 10/10.