On November 6th, TREASURE returned with their 3rd Single Album – THE FIRST STEP: CHAPTER THREE, which includes the title track “MMM” and the B-side, “ORANGE”
(Please note – this is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to each song.)
Reaction to Official MV/Title Track:
- Okurr!!! The way they came in with “Mmm, Mmm, Mmm. Let me treasure you, treasure, treasure you.” is doing a lot for me.
- I have a feeling that this song is going to be a BOP and a half.
- Honestly, the beat is sick.
- Haruto!!! Every single song!!! If you’ve read my previous reviews for TREASURE, you will know that he has been on my neck since day one.
- The boy doesn’t have any chill, and I’m living for his energy, voice and presence.
- All the other members are equally astounding, but Haruto does something extra for me. So excuse me as I continue to fangirl, ahhh!!!🥰🥰🥰.
- The rappers are insanely on point. I love how Hyunsuk came in after Haruto. His flow was smooth and very rhythmic.
- The vocalists also blend into the mix very well.
- I’m still not familiar with everyone’s name, but they keep impressing with each new song.
- “MMM” is hands down my favourite song from TREASURE.
- The choreography is tight and fits well with the heavy electronic sound.
- Ooo, the bridge is 🔥🔥🔥.
- I LOVE THIS SONG, and it’s been added to my playlist already.
- “MMM” gets a solid 10/10 from me.
Reaction to B-side:
- It looks like this song is on the softer side.
- So there will be more space for vocal appreciation.
- I’m sad that I can’t recognize all the members yet, but I’m working on it.
- For some reason, this song’s instrumental sounds very 2000 R&B to me and I love it.
- The melody for “ORANGE” is lovely.
- The vocalists sound beautiful, + I’m enjoying their harmonies and soft vocal runs.
- I also like how they layered the vocals under the rap sections.
- Once again, I have to mention how much I adore the rappers in this group. Each one has a distinct flow and tone that adds a nice texture to TREASURE’s songs.
- “ORANGE” is a song that I see myself coming back to a lot. Therefore, It gets 10/10 from me.