Yesterday, Jamie returned with a new single titled “Apollo 11” (Feat. Jay Park). This review marks my first time listening to anything from Jamie, but I’m excited to see what she has to offer.
Park Ji-min, popularly known as Jamie (formerly Jimin Park), is a South Korean singer-songwriter and television host born on July 5th, 1997. In 2011, she participated in K-pop Star S1 and emerged as the winner. She then got signed to JYP Entertainment and debuted as part of the duo act called 15&. Eventually 15& went on a hiatus, and Park Ji-min made her official solo debut with the single “Hopeless Love” in 2015. She is also currently a member of the project group – M.O.L.A. After her contract with JYP Entertainment expired in 2019, she signed with Warner Music Korea and changed her stage name to Jamie.
(Please note – this is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to this song.)
Reaction to Official MV:
- The visuals and lighting for the music video are stunning.
- Jamie has a lovely vocal tone. Her voice is giving me strong R&B vibes, and I always enjoy listening to such artists.
- Also, she is pretty.
- “Apollo 11” is a smooth but quite groovy song.
- I am living for that soft beat drop during the chorus.
- From now on, I need to pay attention to Jamie. This track is such a solid R&B jam.
- Ooo, I thought Jay Park was going to rap, but then he came in singing!!! I get butterflies whenever he sings.
- This song is, for sure, going on my playlist.
- I enjoyed the chill vibe + the vocals are beautiful.
- Hence why “Apollo 11” by Jamie gets a 10/10 from me.
- I am so happy that I have been getting good music back to back throughout this week.