HA SUNG WOON is back with his 4th mini-album Mirage. This record has five songs, including the title track, “Forbidden Island”
Ha Sung Woon is a South Korean singer-songwriter born on March 22nd, 1994. He is currently a member of the boy group – HOTSHOT. In 2017, he participated in the second season of Produce 101 and debuted as the final member of the resulting boy group Wanna One. After the disbandment of Wanna One, Ha Sung Woon made his official solo debut on February 28th, 2019, with the EP – My Moment.
(Please note – this is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to each song.)
Reaction to Title Track/MV:
- Hmmm, I don’t have captions, but that’s okay.
- Quite a grand but soothing intro with the ocean wave sounds.
- Already, I love this music video’s visuals + Ha Sung Woon looks good.
- His voice is so beautiful, and the melody for this song is charming.
- I love the bass drop for the chorus. That section has a groovy rhythm. Also, the high notes added in the perfect spice.
- Okay!!!! This song is a whole vibe💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼.
- The chrome metallic aesthetic for this video is fun to watch. I am here for all the flowers, butterflies and gorgeous colours.
- The ocean scene with him in that white suit should be illegal. HE IS STUNNING.
- I enjoyed listening to “Forbidden Island”. Ha Sung Woon showcased the perfect balance of vocals, visuals and choreography👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼.
Highlight medley –
- Forbidden Island – THIS IS MY SONG!!! It’s going to be on repeat this whole week.
- Candle light – Interesting intro. I love the melody + Ha Sung Woon’s voice is charming. The instrumental progression for this track is impressive. I’m enjoying the drum sections a lot. “Candle light” is a lovely song.
- 2000 Miles – I love the vocal effect, and I feel this might end up being another favourite. The EDM chorus is perfect. I wish I could go on a road trip while jamming out to this song. It’s simple but so good!!! + Ha Sung Woon sounds incredible on this track.
- Without you – Ooo, this intro is trippy. I’m only 0.30 seconds in, but I know this is about to be another fave of mine. I genuinely love Ha Sung Woon’s voice. How can a human sound so beautiful? If I had a voice like his, I sure wouldn’t close my mouth for even a minute. “Without you” is such a soothing song; I enjoyed every second of it.
- Talk to me – Well, that went by fast. At this point, I’ll have to add the entire album to my playlist because every song has served!! The instrumentalization on “Talk to me” feels grand, but the vocalization is more mellow/angsty. Vocal-wise, I have to say that this tops the rest. Ha Sung Woon sounds heavenly on this track.
Here is the album on Spotify:
Honestly, this mini-album felt too short; I was craving for more. Nevertheless, I did enjoy spending 19 mins and 28 seconds of my time taking in HA SUNG WOON’s rich voice. Therefore, Mirage gets a 10/10 from me. I will be having this record on repeat for a long time because good music is food for my soul.
Let me know your thoughts on this album and also your favourite songs.