On September 10th, Mamamoo released a new digital single titled “WANNA BE MYSELF“, and of course, I’m here to check it out.
(Please note – this is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to this song.)
Reaction to Official MV:
- They are all stunning. I still can’t pick a bias in Mamamoo because these four ladies serve beauty and talent equally.
- The soft echoing effect they used for the intro is intriguing.
- The music video has lovely colours.
- The vocals!!! They give the best vocal delivery in every song.
- I love how the instrumental switches up for each lady’s come in.
- It looks like everyone has there designated colours. Wheein got pale green, Solar has nude-ish pink, Hwasa’s is blue, and Moonbyul got yellow & red with hot green.
- I love the retro chorus. Plus, the bass beat during that section is perfect.
- Wheein’s falsetto notes during the chorus are enchanting.
- Okay, this is a BOP with a great message about loving yourself and being original.
- Their outfits are simple but very fitting for each member.
- Nice switch up by making Solar took the falsetto notes in the second chorus.
- That brief guitar riff before the bridge is pure bliss. I LOVE the production on this track. It is well-thought-out.
- Yes, the vocal intensity towards the end plus the drums is the perfect closing touch.
- “WANNA BE MYSELF” is a CF song. The ladies of Mamamoo are the new brand ambassadors for ANDAR. They made this song and MV to model some clothes from ANDAR.
- There’s nothing more to say, this song is playlist worthy, and it gets a 10/10 from me.
- Mamamoo has done it again. They never disappoint.