Earlier today, BLACKPINK released their collaboration single with Selena Gomez. It is titled “Ice Cream”
(Please note – this is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to this song.)
Reaction to Official MV:
- I love the teaser images for this comeback, and I feel it’s going to be a softer concept compared to “How You Like That”
- They all look adorable, and I love the hot pink. Not my favourite colour but it looks beautiful in this video.
- I love this short bob on Lisa, and Jennie is rocking that black shoulder-length hair. She is stunning.
- Rose came in nicely, and I see my bias, Jisoo, is serving face.
- I don’t know how I feel about the song yet, but I love the heavy drums during Rose’s first entry.
- Whoever does BLACKPINK’s makeup deserves a raise. They are all stunning.
- As of now, the only section I enjoy is – “it looks so good, yeah, it looks so sweet. Looking good enough to eat… Baby, you deserve a treat.”
- The remaining parts of the song fall short for me, but I love the music video. It’s colourful and catchy.
- Oh, I wasn’t expecting a solo rap section or Lisa with long hair.
- “Ice Cream” is a cute song, but aside from the section, I pointed out, nothing stands out for me.
- I will listen to it again, but this does not enter my top songs from BLACKPINK.
- After my second time, it does sound better, but I’m not in love.
- Therefore “Ice Cream” by BLACKPINK & Selena Gomez gets a 7.5/10.
Before I wrap up, let me get something off my chest.
The amount of hate that BLACKPINK gets is unreasonable, and the ones from within their fanbase are even more ridiculous. In this video’s comment section, the highest things I could see were spam messages and sickening comments. On twitter, I see some blinks bashing one member for getting more parts this time around. Yes, most groups have unfair line distributions, but in my opinion, BLACKPINK isn’t one of them. I think this time, the producer was going for a certain vibe, which led to Lisa getting a rap section added to her regular lines. What’s wrong with that?
This type of individuals need to grow up, and the offensive fan wars need to stop. These girls are humans and deserve respect. They put it in work just like every other group, hence why keyboard warriors shouldn’t try to undermine their effort. I wonder if these so-called warriors have tried dancing and singing live. It’s easy to mind your business if you don’t support a group or what they put out. Ain’t nobody forcing you.
Rant aside, I finally figured out how to switch back to the classic editor, but I’m also enjoying the block editor. I’m happy😊. That’s all I have to say. Enjoy the rest of your day, everyone.💕💕💕