Earlier today, KARD released their 1st Single Album – Way With Words. This single has three songs including the title track “GUNSHOT”
(Please note – this is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to each song.)
Reaction to Official MV:
- All the members look amazing.
- From the intro beat, I know this song is going to go hard.
- Somin sounds heavenly. I love how she started this song.
- The chorus is exciting, but it took me a while to get accustomed to it.
- I love that I can hear an actual gunshot.
- The visuals for this music video are on the creepy side, and I’m love it.
- J.Seph came in smoothly, and his flow is excellent.
- Jiwoo is a good actress. I love the energy and psycho presence she’s bringing to this track.
- So are there like two versions of each member? One evil and the other good OR one experienced and the other sill obsessed with toxic love? Because Jiwoo just shot herself at the end.
- Alright, I ain’t one to bother with theories, so I’m going to listen to “GUNSHOT” again before giving my final thoughts.
- I enjoyed this song’s energy, and the chorus is pure 🔥. I can see myself going back to it, but not too frequently.
Here is the highlight medley –
- AH EE YAH – Beautiful high note to start things out. Nice instrumental. BM and J.Seph are great rappers, and I love it when they go back and forth. The ladies are also killing the vocal department. I’m genuinely impressed. “AH EE YAH” is okay, but I’m not entirely in love with it. Maybe after a few more listens, it will grow on me.
- GUNSHOT – I prefer this to the first track.
- HOLD ON – The intro on this one is intriguing. I love the instrumental. It’s smooth but still sharp, and the progression is excellent. Once again, the vocals are lovely, and the background vocals are also pitch-perfect. “HOLD ON” is my favourite so far. I can see myself coming back to it a lot.
The energy of this album is fantastic. After hearing the first track, I was kind of scared that I wouldn’t fall in love with any song, but thankfully, “HOLD ON” came through.
I am impressed with the vocal power and perfection on this album. Somin and Jiwoo went off.
My rating for Way With Words by KARD is 7.5/10.