On August 17th, SEJEONG of Gugudan dropped a new digital single titled “Whale”
Review aside, to my fellow WordPress.com bloggers. Am I the only one who doesn’t like this new default block editor? I don’t mind how complicated it is to learn because, with time, I could get the hang of things. Plus, it does have exciting features. However, this new editor doesn’t support my Grammarly app, so I’m not enjoying it. I have to do twice the work by copying my post to Grammarly and checking for all the errors before bringing it back to WordPress. I spent yesterday trying to learn everything about this new editor, but I am still not vibing. If anyone knows how to switch back to the classic editor, please let me know in the comment section. Thank you. I wouldn’t mind switching back and forth because I like certain features from both editors.
Sorry about that little rant, now let’s get right into this review.
(Please note – this is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to this song.)
Reaction to Official Live Clip:
- Thankfully, I have English captions.
- I love the soft intro.
- Okay, the fast-paced beat caught me off guard because, from the intro, I assumed it was going to be a mellow track.
- Sejeong voice sounds quite high pitched in this song.
- The guitar instrumental is lovely.
- The ways she switches from her normal voice to falsetto is so flawless.
- I love the chorus. It has a sweet melody, and the EDM influence isn’t too much, which is perfect for me.
- The visuals for this live video are also stunning, and the sea blue colour is lovely. The lighting is also well done.
- I love the melody for the bridge. It’s catchy and soothing. Plus, that high note at the end is unique.
- That’s my favourite section of this song.
- At first, the high pitched tone threw me off, but now I’m enjoying it.
- I am going to listen to “Whale” again before giving my rating.
- Okay, I LOVE THIS SONG. I was skeptical at first, but I am now 100% sold.
- Therefore “Whale” by SEJEONG gets a 10/10 from me.