This collaboration between Younha & Chancellor was released on August 4th. While doing all my music reviews last week, I totally forgot about it. This is my first time listening to anything from Chancellor. Kim Jung Seung or Michael Kim is a Korean-American singer-songwriter and producer born on October 22nd, 1986. He is currently active in South Korea and managed by Million Market. Although Chancellor debuted in 2013, he has been active since 2010. Once a member of the hip-hop group – Oneway and also the co-founder/former member of the producing team – Double Sidekick.
(Please note – this is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to this song.)
Reaction to Official MV:
- Unfortunately, I don’t have English subs, but I can always check for the translation later.
- I am already into the guitar intro and soft humming.
- The dancers are beautiful. Especially the lady, she is gorgeous.
- Chancellor’s voice is like butter. It’s smooth and relaxing.
- I love the black and white picture, it feels like an old romance film.
- This song is remarkably calm, and the melody is lovely. I’m so happy that I decided to check this out.
- I missed Younha soulful vocals.
- It’s as if both their voices are floating on the mix.
- I ABSOLUTELY ADORE “Walking In The Rain”
- It’s a classic R&B flavour that instantly puts its listeners in their feelings.
- Yesss, Younha bless me with those beautiful and effortless vocal runs.
- She has such a powerful and versatile voice.
- I am also genuinely impressed with Chancellor’s voice. I need to check out more songs from him.
- The instrumental is very simple with just a guitar, so what really brought home the track is their vocals and rich harmonies.
- I also love what they did with the music video. The two dancers interpreted the sentiment of this song very well. It’s the perfect cute, and romantic visual representation.
- I thoroughly enjoyed every second of this song, definitely playlist worthy.
- “Walking In The Rain” by Chancellor & Younha gets a 10/10 from me.
- Before leaving, here is a duet film version of the MV –