On July 29th, ATEEZ came back with a mini-album called ZERO: Fever Part. 1. It has seven songs including the double title tracks “INCEPTION” and “THANXX”
I am super hyped for this album, so let’s dive in. If anyone needs a profile on this group, use this link 👉🏼 ATEEZ – TREASURE EPILOGUE: Action To Answer: Album Review.
(Please note – This is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to each song.)
Reaction to INCEPTION MV:
- Alright, it is time to fangirl into neverland. I discovered ATEEZ during their last comeback, and I have been obsessed since then.
- My biases are Seonghwa and Hongjoong. However, San and Wooyoung have been crashing my heart with this era’s teaser photos.🤩🤩🤩
- My boys are looking good, and I AM HAPPY TO BE AN ATINY!!!!
- Okay, let’s start the music video.
- Already, I love the sweet vocal intro and Yeosang with blonde hair is gorgeous.
- Thankfully, KQ Entertainment always provides English subs.
- Look at Seonghwa!!! 🗣🗣He looks amazing.
- Every member came correct in this era. I love their hair colours and lengths.
- Yep, I know that I’m biased.😊😂🤣
- The visuals for the music video are perfect, most notably the lighting for each scene.
- The vocalists are killing things, and Hongjoong came in smoothly with his rap section. That blue hair!!!
- The beat on this song goes hard, and I am listening to it with headphones.
- The beginning of the chorus threw me off a bit, but I got into the melody after a few seconds.
- Awww, Jongho. His voice is so powerful that it surprises me on every ATEEZ song.
- Okay, this chorus is sick. The way it closes with Seonghwa’s breathy note is beautiful – “Every day & night, I’m gon’ chase you… I’m in love.”
- What? I wasn’t expecting an instrumental-only section or dance break this soon. The entire set for this music video is stunning.
- YESSSS!!! BRING ON THE CHOREOGRAPHY💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
- Yeosang is finally here. I was waiting for your lines, boo. What is that dance move he just did on the floor?
- Mingi!!! His deep voice was what made me fall in love with ATEEZ during my review of “Answer”
- This video is a movie experience. So many things are happening, and I just started.
- My favourite scene is them dancing in water with all those red lights.
- Wooyoung is disrespectful with those sexy dance moves. Guy, I’m here for the music.😒😏😂😂🤣
- Now Seonghwa is following along with all the ab flashing. Boys take it easy, please.
- Yunho sounds so lovely in this song. Plus the orange hair, WOW.
- San as always does the most with his facial expressions, and a sister isn’t complaining. I love him for that.
- The high notes are flawless. These boys brought their A-game for real.
- Alright, I’m going to replay this video and pay more attention to the music.
- On the second listen, yes, I genuinely LOVE this song. The chorus is catchy, and the instrumental progression is incredible. The vocals are smooth and soft on my ears. The choreography and visuals are insane.
- I can’t wait to watch the live performance because these boys brought all the emotions and A+++++ energy to this song.
- At the beginning of this review, I had my fingers crossed because I wanted a good song. No matter how much I stan them, if this song didn’t suit my taste, I would be upfront about it like always.
- I’m delighted that ATEEX didn’t disappoint.
- However, before I dive into the album, I am off to watch some reaction videos on YouTube.😊
Album Review: Here is the album preview –
- Dear Diary: 2016.07.29 – Alright, I’m back, and I have been playing “INCEPTION” on repeat all this while. This is just a spoken intro, and the message is beautiful. I love the inclusion of music once the words became hopeful and happy.
- FEVER – I already love the instrumental for this track, and that smooth vocal run entry gave me life. “FEVER” is about to be a certified BOP. I am always up for some sweet R&B flavour. The chorus is beautiful, and I love the melody so much. Yunho is seriously coming for my throat this era. Hongjoong and Mingi are perfect with their rhythm and flow. The vocal runs and high notes on “FEVER” are ridiculous.
- THANXX – Oh, intriguing guitar entry on this one. I love that – “ah yah yah yah” in the background—another song with a catchy melody. WAIT, PAUSE, RESET, WHY??? Did Hongjoong have to come in that hard? I wasn’t ready, but my ears are living their best life💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼. No one can stop my groove right now. The drums on this song are so good, and the rappers are going off!!! I can’t wait for the music video to drop. “THANXX” is 🔥. Jongho just blessed me with the most magnificent high note ever.
- TO THE BEAT – I feel it in my bones that this is about to be lit. I love the intense claps, and it’s somewhat funny to me – “To the beat, to the beat, move your body to the beat…” YE!!! YE!!! Nah fam, I’m over this disrespect🚶🏽♀️🚶🏽♀️🚶🏽♀️. Do you all hear that beat drop and those whispers? I didn’t sign up for this, but GO OFF!!! “TO THE BEAT” is my new twerk anthem. Nothing more needs to be said because I AM IN LOVE. My Nigerian side just came out with the YE!! 🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂. The instrumental on this track is a certified BOP and a half. I think this tops all the other songs for me.
- INCEPTION – All four songs so far are amazing. I am in awe of ATEEZ. They are monsters, and I hope that more people start paying attention to them.
- Good Lil Boy – This is a bit more chill. I think it’s not all in your face like “THANXX” and “TO THE BEAT”. I love the choral singing style, and the rappers are genuinely on point for this album. The instrumental progression is impressive with how the guitar switches up in tempo for different sections. Oh, the vocals on this are beautiful, and harmonies are coming through also. I have danced so much that I now feel hungry. I’m getting something to eat right after I round up this review.
- One Day At A Time – Last song already, is it going to be a slow one? Okay, it’s on a chill tempo so far and has that standard pop groove. The vocals are beautiful and so soft. I love the chorus because of the sweet harmonies. “One Day At A Time” is a perfect way to close this album. After all the partying, a sweet relaxing song is necessary. I also love the message of being together and helping each other in everything because life is one day at a time. Good job, boys👏👏👏👏👏👏.
This album took me on a ride and danced way too hard because every song was such a vibe. ATEEZ DID NOT COME TO PLAY WITH ANYONE IN THIS ERA. So all those who are sleeping on them, need to WAKE UP!!! Don’t be late to the party.
ZERO: Fever Part. 1 came through and served it hot on all six songs. Top on my list is definitely “TO THE BEAT”, but overall, the entire record is playlist worthy. Therefore it gets a bulletproof 10/10 from me. I will be waiting for part 2 while enjoying this one on repeat.