(Please note – This is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to each song.)
“GOTTO GO” by SOYOU –
Reaction to Official MV:
- The beat is the type that makes people want to move.
- Soyou sounds beautiful, and she looks great in her outfits.
- I love the pre-chorus section. The way the beat dropped out and Soyou’s voice just melts into my ears. That’s beautiful
- My first listen, and I am not the biggest fan of the chorus.
- I prefer the melody for the verses and the pre-chorus.
- The choreography is excellent. Soyou will definitely kill this on stage.
- The chorus definitely sounds better on the second listen, and I love how the song switches up after it.
- The beat on this track is very upfront in your face, and I love it.
- “GOTTO GO” is a lovely dance song. I like it, but I don’t see myself playing it a lot. Therefore it gets an 8.5/10.
“NUNU NANA” by Jessi –
Reaction to Official MV:
- Even though this starts out slow, I know the beat is going to hit later on.
- I love Jessi’s singing voice.
- I knew the beat drop would be hard. I LOVE IT.
- All this upfront, in your face EDM beats, are kind of party anthems.
- Jessi looks stunning in that green and black swimsuit kind of outfit.
- Her flow on this song is a whole vibe. I am already jamming, and I love how she sings more on this.
- The choreography for the chorus is sick. The dancers are killing things.
- I am listening to this with headphones on the highest volume, and it’s a whole party.💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
- Hyori looks amazing. I can’t believe she’s 41, wow.
- “NUNU NANA” is a certified BOP and a half.
Album Review: This album is titled “NUNA” and has six songs. Here is a preview –
- NUNU NANA – This song is going to be on replay for a long time.
- STAR – Oh, this is a slow track, and she’s singing. I love her vocal tone, it’s deep. I live for a good slow and sentimental rap song, they always hit the heart differently. “STAR” is another favourite from this album.
- Put it on ya (Feat. BM of KARD, nafla) – Every track on this album seems to be a BOP. The beat on this one is groovy and makes me want to body roll. The melody for the chorus is catchy. BM and nafla killed their parts hard. Another favourite people.
- Numb – This has a very different vibe from the rest. It started out quite poppish, and I ain’t complaining because every record requires a tasty variety of songs. I love the melody, and the instrumental is fire. “Numb” is a vibe but not a favourite.
- Who Dat B – I have heard this already, and I LOVE!!! It. Jessi’s flow on this song was a full power trip, and I live for the message. She doesn’t care what anyone has to say because, in the end, she’s still going to do her.
- Drip (Feat. Jay Park) – Another old song, I even reviewed it 👉🏼November Comebacks/Debut – Jessi|VICTON|HINAPIA|(G)I-DLE|BVNDIT. “You ain’t f*** with my drip!!!” Both Jessi and Jay Park came hard on this song 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼.
NUNA by Jessi is a solid album. Avery song is a vibe, and I will be replaying this album ‘disrespectfully’ for a very long time😂. It gets a bulletproof 10/10 from me. My first time listening to a Jessi record and she impressed me big time.
“Lonely Night” by YOON DO JUN –
Reaction to Official MV:
- I definitely needed captions for this one, and they came through.
- First off, he looks GOOOOD!!!
- I love the colour palette for this video. I see a lot of brown/red tones, and overall the visuals are slick, mature and very elegant.
- The instrumental is smooth and groovy. Yoon Du Jun’s voice is literally gliding on the beat.
- His voice is blessing me right now. It’s so soothing to hear this right after Jessi’s hardcore album.
- Talent overflows from this man. He is a singer and also a good actor.
- I didn’t watch any teaser for this release, so I thought he was going to give us a power ballad, but I am happy with this R&B chill groove.
- “Lonely Night” is going on my playlist right now. I hope the album also comes through because I REALLY LOVE THIS SOUND.
Album Review: This album is titled Daybreak and has five songs. Here is a preview –
- 0:00am – Yes, this is a similar vibe. I love me a good R&B record, and Yoon Du Jun’s soft vocal is beautiful. It feels like his voice is melting into my ears. I wish this song was longer, but it serves as a great intro.
- Lonely Night – Do I need to say more? NAH! This is a BOP.
- Fool of Love (Feat. MOON) – Another smooth one, and I love the piano on this track. The melody is really bouncy, and the vocals are super soothing. I could listen to this before bed and feel like I’m floating in my dream.
- Save Me – I love the guitar intro. This is such a nice switch up from the previous songs. I cannot stop praising Yoon Du Jun’s voice. He sounds charming, and I will be coming back to this album a lot just for his relaxing voice. This might be my number one out of all songs.
- Be My Light – I love the sensual vibe of this one. I can just imagine what a music video might look like. The melody is lovely, it makes me want to sing along. The simple guitar and drums instrumental are perfect. Wow, the high notes just hit my soul.
I certainly enjoyed listening to all five songs on Daybreak, but the last two hit the spot differently. I believe this is YOON DU JUN’s 1st album, correct me if I’m wrong. He did a fantastic job👏👏👏. This album gets a solid 10/10 from me.