First of all, it’s been a while since I saw a group with this many members. I have gotten used to the seven/eight-member groups. That aside, let’s get into TREASURE’s debut single album – THE FIRST STEP: CHAPTER ONE. This digital single includes the title track “BOY” and a B-side – “COME TO ME”
TREASURE, which was previously called TREASURE 13, is a boy group that got formed through the survival program – YG TREASURE Box. This group has twelve members, which include Yedam, Junghwan, Jeongwoo, Haruto, Doyoung, Asahi, Jaehyuk, Mashiho, Junkyu, Yoshinori, Jihoon and Hyunsuk, the leader. There are a lot of Japanese members in this group, wooh!!!
(Please note – This is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to each song.)
Reaction to Official MV/Title Track:
- Oooo, sweet vocal entry. I like.
- The synthesized beat is giving me life. I might enjoy this song more than there pre-debut release, which I also reviewed.
- I currently can’t recognize any member aside from Yedam, but they all have beautiful voices.
- I am definitely in love with the first rapper’s voice. I think that is Haruto? Correct me if I’m wrong.
- When I was gathering their teaser photos, Haruto stood out to me, so he might turn out to be my bias, who knows???😊
- The music video screams a high budget. The visuals are perfect for the song.
- The boys are doing a great job in the dancing department.
- “BOY” is undoubtedly the needed upgrade from “Going Crazy” That song didn’t do much for me, but with this, I am vibing.
- I mentioned before how repetitive EDM songs have become in the kpop arena, but I also stated that I would still groove to them if a group does theirs tastefully.
- The chorus here is more of a trap house sound, and I am enjoying it.
- This song is an exquisite balance of their youthful charm and mature side. I appreciate this because I wouldn’t sit through a full-on cutesy song.
- Their rappers are astounding, and their vocalists are also powerful. TREASURE has the potential to get far in the industry if YG Entertainment gives them the right promotion.
- Whoever produced this song did a great job with the instrumental. It never stays the same. The variations for each section are excellent.
- The ending reminds me so much of IKON – “Shh Treasure. Oh, oh oh oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.”
- This song gets a 9/10 from me. It’s playlist worthy.
Reaction to B-side:
- Okay, this is giving me tropical summer vibes.
- I love the bouncy instrumental. It makes me want to dance. 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
- I am willing to accept this level of adorable because it just a feel-good track.
- TREASURE is going to be big. I see the talent and potential flowing from each member.
- The vocalists are pulling on the stops on this song, and I love everyone’s vocal colour. So beautiful
- “COME TO ME” has a lovely melody, and I will be replaying this song a lot.
- Is Haruto singing as well? I love his low tone.
- Yoshi’s flow is very catchy. I also noticed him in “BOY”
- I don’t why this is giving me slight WINNER vibes, or maybe I’m just comparing due to them being from the same company.
- All the same, I LOVE THIS SONG.
- It gets a solid 10/10 from me.