(Please note – This is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to each song.)
“1 Billion Views” by EXO-SC (Feat. MOON)
Reaction to Official MV:
- I love their drip and outfits. They both be looking good.
- Chanyeol’s voice at the beginning tho, It’s so deep and sexy 😏🤭.
- I appreciate the vocal layering on this track. It feels like an eargasm😂.
- As the two rappers in EXO, I was expecting them to take the hardcore rap route, but they are giving us smooth retro vocals.
- My favourite outfits are the blazer looks.
- I love the music video’s visuals and the arcade concept.
- This line 👉🏼”I cry I cry, I cry…” is so catchy. The entire chorus makes me want to sing along.
- Oh, I forgot that this song has a featured artist until she came in. I love her voice; it blends well with Chanyeol and Sehun.
- Finger clicking in any song instantly captures my attention, and this one makes me want to dance.
- I don’t need to say much, I LOVE “1 Billion Views” from EXO-SC.
- It gets a 10/10 rating from me.
Reaction to pre-release single “Telephone” –
- Love how this started right away, and the instrumental is bouncy.
- Honestly, the vocal layering on both songs is so seamless.
- It’s also lovely to hear how well Changyeol and Sehum harmonize.
- The animation for this music video is charming.
- I live for when Chenyeol goes into his lower register. It’s so sensual.🥰
- I want Sehum’s colourful sweater.
- “Telephone” is the perfect head-bopping song.
- Okay, that black sweater look on Sehun is a grand mood, and let’s not even talk about how fine he looks with his hair slicked back.
- WHAT??? I was not expecting the featured artist once again. 10cm just blessed me with his high pitched voice.
- It is such a sweet background vocal to Chanyeol and Sehun’s harmonies.
- I enjoyed every minute of this song; therefore, it gets a 10/10.
- Now let’s check out their album.
Album Review: The album is also titled 1 Billion Views and has nine songs. Here is a preview –
- 1 Billion Views (Feat. MOON)
- Say It (Feat. PENOMECO) – This also follows the same upbeat flow and singing style. “Say It” is a BOP, and I am already grooving. Since this is a compiled post, I don’t want to write much, so I will just end on the fact that I enjoyed this song.
- Rodeo Station – I love the melody, and the background vocals are soothing. The beat also follows the same retro influence. The production on all four tracks I have heard so far is excellent, most notable with the vocal layering. It is so fascinating to me. “Rodeo Station” is another great track on this record.
- Telephone (Feat. 10cm)
- Jet Lag – Now, this has a slower tempo compared to the rest. I can’t stop ranting about the vocal quality of this album. “Jet Lag” might just be my favourite so far. The chorus is captivating. I appreciate the smooth and chill vibe.
- Fly Away (Feat> Gaeko) – The start for this is quite enchanting. I love the rap-talking style on this track and vocals…WOW. Gaeko is blessing my ears. No song on this album has disappointed. It keeps getting better as expected from EXO members. All I need now is a light stick to fully jam out. THE PRODUCTION!!!… I feel like I’m actually flying.
- Nothin’ – The instrumental for this one stands out a lot from the rest, but it still fits the album concept. Already, I LOVE IT. The guitar on this track goes off, and I am here for all that energy. I honestly don’t want to analyze these songs so much because I might write too much since they are all equally amazing. Chanyeol and Sehun deserve an A+++++++ for this album.
- On Me – OH JUST FROM THE INTRO, I KNOW THIS IS ABOUT TO BE 🔥. This one is the hardcore rap track on a classic trap instrumental. I am in cloud nine right now, all I need is a speaker because it is party time 💃🏼. It’s not heavy EDM, but it just makes me want to turn up.
- 1 Billion Views – Instrumental
1 Billion Views by EXO-SC is an excellent album from start to finish, and I will be going back to it a lot. I do have my favourites, but I enjoyed every single song on here, so my rating is a solid 10/10.
“OHIO” by Crush –
Reaction to Official MV:
- Oh, I wasn’t expecting an upbeat start. I thought this was going to be a slow song because I didn’t check out any of the teasers.
- I love the beat, and I feel this is about to be a good one.
- His voice is fantastic, as always.
- That little dance Crush did, in the beginning, was so adorable.
- So this is about him going all out on partying to forget his heartbreak?
- The melody for this song is catchy and very bouncy. It makes me want to pull out some weird dance moves.
- Fun fact, Tablo from Epik High wrote the lyrics for this track.
- I love that little breakdown clapping section. The rhythm is so good.
- The pianist is also going off in the background. I am enjoying the jazz influence we have going on with the instrumental.
- Okay, Crush is going off vocally. He isn’t doing anything too crazy, but his flow and smooth vocal runs are such a vibe.
- “OHIO” is, for sure, going on my playlist. It is such a groovy song, and I already want to sing along.
- Plus, Crush’s crazy dancing in the video is a delightful visual feast. 😂😂😂
- “OHIO” gets a 10/10 from me.
Review of B-side – “Let Me (Feat. Dean Morrison)”
- Oh, I guess this is the softer track.
- It seems to be entirely in English.
- This song is so delicate, and I already love it.
- I approve of the instrumental mix with the keyboard and shallow drum beats.
- “Let Me” is a romantic track, and I am here for this kind of energy.
- It reminds me so much of songs I would hear from the 90s American boy groups.
- Wow, whoever is doing the backing vocals has a rich deep voice. Is that Dean Morrison, or is he just the producer? Kindly let me know in the comment section.
- Crush’s voice on this track feels like butter melting into my ears.
- “Let Me” really follows the classic 90s/early 2000s R&B style.
- I LOVE IT. My rating is 10/10.
“AWay” by JEONG EUN JI –
Reaction to Official MV:
- I’m sad.😥 There are no English captions on this video.
- All the same, I am here for this summery vibe.
- Her voice is so beautiful, and I love how the instrumental brings high energy into the song.
- The chorus didn’t drop as I expected, but that makes things more interesting.
- Plus, I think the melody is catchy and easy to sing along.
- The cinematography for this music video is stunning. The colours pop with a soft glow effect.
- I am enjoying the overall vibe, and I wish I could go on a road trip while jamming to this.
- Jeong Eun Ji’s make-up is pretty. Her make-up artist went in.
- Vocal wise, her high notes are effortless. I also hear some lovely whistle notes in the background.
- Eun Ji is very talented and blessed with a powerful voice.
- “AWay” gets a 10/10 from me.
- Now let’s check the full album she dropped.
Album Review: This EP is titled Simple and has six songs. Here is a preview –
- Simple is the best – I adore the soft vibe of this one. The piano is on it is brilliant. I could listen to just the instrumental on its own and still enjoy every second because it’s that fascinating. I love how the tempo switched up throughout the song but came together as a perfect mix. Jeong Eun Ji also sounds breathtaking on this track, and the overall production is excellent.
- Whoo – This is way more chill compared to the previous tracks. I love Eun Ji’s vocal tone. It almost sounds like a neo-soul style to me. It’s like a breath of fresh air that hits you in at the right moments. I’m swaying from side to side while listening to this track because it’s that soothing with the shallow vocals and soft guitar instrumental. “Whoo” is my favourite song so far.
- Stay – This is a full-on ballad with the classic piano entry and entrancing vocals. I think this might be my second favourite. It feels like a lullaby that could quickly put me to sleep, and I live for this kind of relaxing songs. I’m just going to stop typing and enjoy every second of this one.
- Moisturising – Another soft track but with a guitar entry. The progression of this is intriguing. It’s not too upbeat but not very slow like “Stay”. The guitar and drums give it a more cheerful essence. I feel like it was too short, or maybe the 3 minutes and 25 seconds just went by too fast for me.
- A Slow Child – Oh, this is about to be a whole mood just from the first few seconds. I love the deep rhythmic drums, and the way Eun Ji came in was elegant. This track makes me feel light, almost like I’m floating. Also, the inclusion of classical instruments took the song to a grand lev. “A Slow Child” is my third favourite song from this record.
Jeong Eun Ji truly impressed. The EP – Simple is sold, and it will be on repeat for a while. My rating is a definite 10/10.