Just yesterday, LEE HI released her new single “HOLO”, and I am here to support my vocal queen. I am excited to hear this song because her voice never disappoints. Lee Ha-yi, popularly known as LEE HI, is a South Korean singer-songwriter born on September 23rd, 1996. She garnered fame after participating in the audition program – K-pop Star Season 1 and finishing as the runner-up. Her official debut was on October 8th of 2012 with the single – “1, 2, 3, 4.” Lee Hi was managed by YG Entertainment up until December 31st, 2019. She is now signed to AOMG, and this new single marks her first release after parting ways with YG.
(Please note – This is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to this song.)
Reaction to Official MV:
- Yes! I have English captions.
- Oh, no girl, you better not jump. Suicide is not the answer, my love.
- I feel this is about to be a very heartfelt track.
- I really missed LEE HI’s voice. YG definitely did not give us enough of her, so I am very excited about this fresh start with a new company.
- She is stunning and black hair always flatters her features.
- Back to the song, The lyrics are absolutely beautiful.
- The piano on this track is soothing and very comforting.
- Exactly. Sing it LEE HI – “One day, it will stop.” I genuinely believe that no matter what we’re going through, it will pass away, and our happy moments will last for a longer time.
- Fun fact – LEE HI and I are born in the same year, but I’m a December baby. I just felt the need to share that.😊
- Her voice always gives me chills because it’s so soulful, and this song is really touching.
- I love how the instrumental went up in tempo for the chorus. Also, nice touch with choir backing for that section, It created an uplifting aura.
- Basically, she is the little girl’s guiding angel. Giving her strength to continue living, but I think the little girl also represents LEE HI.
- This means “HOLO” is a letter to herself to continue fighting the sadness, loneliness, depression, and sad feelings because one day, it will all go away.
- “HOLO” is, for sure, going on my playlist. It is a lovely song with an important message.
- It gets a solid 10/10 from me. Good job LEE HI👏👏👏👏👏👏👏