On June 6th, CHUNG HA dropped her second pre-release single titled “PLAY”. I already reviewed the first pre-release single – “Stay Tonight” 👉🏼 CHUNG HA – Stay Tonight: Music Review. The teaser images for “PLAY” are very colourful, so I really want to know what the song sounds like.
(Please note – This is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to this song.)
Reaction to Official MV:
- I love the instrumental intro, and I feel it has some sort of Spanish music influence.
- I wish every artist could include English captions in their music videos. I want to watch and understand everything at once.
- Anyways, here is a link to a website with the English, Korean and Romanized lyrics of this song 👉🏼 Color Coded Lyrics
- Some scenes in this music video have a vintage filter over them, and I like the effect.
- Chung Ha sounds beautiful, as always. I love her vocal runs and soft falsetto notes.
- My favourite outfit so far is the one where she’s wearing a flower crown.
- The build-up towards the chorus section is excellent. I also love the variations with the beat switch during the chorus.
- Okay, Changmo’s rap came in at the right moment, and I am enjoying his flow.
- He took the song to the next level, and once again, the instrumental progression/ variation for his part is on point.
- The choreography is also perfect, as expected from Chung Ha. She and the dancers always nail every move with ease.
- Another beautiful outfit is the red dress for the bull, or should I say car fight scene.
- I was right about this song having some Spanish music influence because they even included some of their dance steps.
- They did a lovely job slowing things down for the bridge section. I love how Chung Ha entered the closing with a perfect high note.
- “PLAY” is a great song, so my rating is 9/10.