On June 10th, HEIZE released her 6th mini-album titled Lyricist. The album has five songs, including the double title tracks, “Lyricist” and “Things are going well”
Jang Da Hye, known by the stage name Heize is a South Korean rapper, and singer-songwriter managed by Stone Music Entertainment. She officially debuted on March 21st, 2014, with the self-titled EP – Heize. She rose to popularity after taking part in the second season of the rap program – Unpretty Rapstar. Her stage name, Heize, is actually a German word that translates to ‘heating something up or making something hot.’
(Please note – this is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exacts thoughts while listening to each song.)
Reaction to Title Tracks/Official MV:
- I think this music video combines both title tracks.
- I love the guitar and the jazzy instrumental.
- Heize has such a unique vintage voice. I absolutely adore her sound.
- Is “Lyricist” is the first song on the video? Whichever one it is, I am in love.
- It’s so relaxing, and the visuals for the music are perfect for it.
- I wish I had English captions, but I can check for it later.
- This song is such a soothing groove. It’s definitely going on my playlist.
- Heize looks gorgeous.
- I love how the first song faded out with a soft piano at the end.
- Oh, the transition into the next song is BEAUTIFUL.
- The keyboard player has talent flowing through every finger on this song.
- I am here for this R&B drumbeats, and Heize looks good in red.
- I know that I am going to enjoy the mini-album because this style is right up my alley.
- Once again, HER VOICE is giving me life. The way she smoothly runs through each note is impressive.
- Also, the vocal layering for this second song is excellent.
- Great job, Heize👏👏👏👏👏👏. I genuinely enjoyed this.
Here is the album on Spotify –
- Lyricist – I was right, “Lyricist” is the first song on the music video. I live for the jazzy vibe of this track. It’s very peaceful and a whole mood.
- Things are going well – Yes, I get to hear that beautiful piano intro again, and the drumbeat that gets me in my feels. Heize’s voice on this track is pure gold. This is such an easy listen type of song.
- Your Name ft. ASH ISLAND – I think there’s a music video for this song, but it is not out yet. I love the intro on this track, and her voice is like smooth velvet. It is very pleasing to hear. I am here for this tempo, and the instrumental is well produced. All the songs on this album seem to have some jazz influence mixed with R&B and neo-soul vibes. The rap section from ASH ISLAND came in at the right point, and I love his flow. “Your Name” is another smooth and soothing groove. I would play this is the background when I just want to chill and do nothing.
- 1/1440 ft. Ji Chanel – Oooh, the instrumental is really interesting on this one. It also seems denser and more upbeat compared to the rest. Still, Heize’s voice is like butter. I love that I can hear Ji Chanel doing some background harmonies during the intro verse, and he also sang during the last part. The beat on this one is 🔥 , and the vocal runs that pair with it are too good. The fact that I can hear Ji Chanel throughout the entire song is giving me life. I just love the blend between both voices.
- Not to see you again – Wow, the keyboard intro on this song is giving me chills. I think this was what they used as the transition between both title tracks in the music video. My bad, it is not an intro but a full instrumental-only track, and it’s so BEAUTIFUL. I love that she chose to close the album with such tranquillity. This is absolutely insane and peaceful.
From my review, you all can tell that this album was an amazing listen for me. It felt quite short because we only got four full tracks, but I still love the vibe, vocals and overall production on it. I usually only listened to singles from Heize, but I will start paying more attention to her because talent overflows from this lady.
With all that said, my rating for Heize’s 6th mini-album, Lyricist, is a bulletproof 10/10.