I posted on the blog’s Facebook page that I would be compiling a missed review post. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get this out earlier today due to schoolwork, but here it is. I also have a second part coming soon because I have a lot of groups and solo artists to go through.
(Please note – This is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to each song.)
“Candy” by Baekhyun – Reaction to Official MV:
- Already this instrumental is giving straight BOP vibes.
- Baekhyun’s voice is out of this world beautiful.
- I am living for the instrumental, and I love how they slowed it down for the pre-chorus section.
- Beautiful choreography and the chorus is so good.
- I absolutely love the variations of beats in the background.
- The deep drum beat that came in during the second verse was too perfect.🔥
- The subtle runs that Baekhyun does at the end of each sentence are pure eargasm.
- This is catchy and easy to groove to.
- The slowed-down parts get me majorly in my feels.
- The production is insane. From the vocal runs to the background vocals and even the high notes. Everything is incredible.
- What else was I expecting?
- Beakhyun is merely flexing his exceptional pipes on us, and I AM FEELING BLESSED.
- Hence my rating for “Candy” is a bulletproof 10/10.
- Now I know this is the title track for Baekhyun’s 2nd mini-album Delight, so I am going to check that out now.
- This EP has seven tracks, and everyone was equally amazing.
- I can’t pick a favourite song now because I want to replay the album later today when I’m fully awake. I need to appreciate all the tiny details before deciding.
- All the same, Beakhyun’s voice is breathtaking, and Delight is a classic, lovely and well-produced R&B album. My rating for it is 10/10.
“FANTASIA” by Monsta X –Reaction to Official MV:
- This is my first time actively listening to a song from Monsta X.
- I only randomly heard “MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT” and “Wish on the same sky” on Spotify, and I LOVE both songs.
- So why not check out their recent comeback?
- Okay… I wasn’t expecting the beat to go hard that fast.
- The first rapper is so good. I love the way he came in, and the instrumental switch up for that section was perfect for his rap style.
- The visuals for the music video are outstanding.
- I love the synthesized beat for the chorus section.
- The boys look amazing in the black and gold outfit.
- They have great dancers, and the vocalists are also pretty solid.
- The beat drops for this song are very epic and intriguing.
- After my first listen, I am 80/20 on this song. I like it, but I’m not deeply in love.
- EDM influenced tracks are often just okay or major bops for me. Hence why I’m going to replay “FANTASIA” to see if it gets better for me.
- After my second listen, I will rate this song as a 9/10.
- I like it, and I think it’s a grower. After a few more listens, I might enjoy it more.
- Alright, I know they released a mini-album titled FANTASIA X. I am going to check it out now.
- This album has seven tracks, and they all have electronic elements. I’m new to Monsta X, so I wonder if this is their go-to sound.
- I think I will enjoy this album more when I blast it on my headphones, but it’s too late for that now.
- Currently, the songs that stood out to me are “IT AIN’T OVER” and “Stand up”
- My rating for FANTASIA X is 8.5/10. I will listen to it again later in the day and post more favourites songs on the Facebook page.
“Daechwita” by Agust D –Reaction to Official MV:
- I feel this is going to be a theory filled song/MV, so I’m just going to leave an explanation video here –
- Now let’s get into it.
- I have already mentioned way too many times how much I enjoy hearing traditional music elements in modern songs.
- If he keeps this sound for the entire song, then he has my undivided attention.
- Thankfully I have English captions since I’m fashionably late on this reaction.
- I love the traditional town setting and costumes.
- Okay, the beat definitely goes hard.
- His flow is not even questionable. I might not be an avid BTS follower, but I know he’s talented.
- I’m paying more attention to the lyrics.
- Korean rappers have a different level of spice that makes me appreciate rap music.
- I never used to enjoy hip-hop before discovering the K hip-hop scene. Their flow, energy and lyrics are exceptional and intriguing.
- I wonder what “Daechwita” means. I will watch the explanation video once I finish this review.
- Oooh, I love how the traditional elements dropped during the bridge, and his flow switched up entirely. This song is pure 🔥🔥🔥.
- Yep, it’s official for me. “Daechwita” is a BOP and a half. I give it a complete 10/10.
- I know this is the title track to his 2nd mixtape D-2, so I am checking it out now.
- This album has ten songs, and every song hit hard for me in a different way.
- Like Baekhyun’s case, I don’t want to pick favourites now because I need a better listen later in the day.
- My rating for D-2 by Agust D is a bulletproof 10/10.
“Yours” by Raiden x Chanyeol ft. LEE HI & Changmo –Reaction to Official MV:
- LEE HI came in smoothly with her soulful and sultry voice. She always puts me in my feels.
- I love the chill instrumental.
- I admire rappers that can also sing, and Chanyeol’s voice is blessed.
- Excellent work with having Chanyeol and LEE HI go back and forth on one verse.
- Their completely different tones and styles of singing makes things more interesting.
- I LOVE when featured artists are incorporated throughout the song instead of only appearing in one section.
- It doesn’t even have to be them singing or rapping the entire time, but at least some background vocals or continuous interaction between the leading artist and featured one sound way better to me.
- Raiden is calling for my attention with that piano and guitar of his. I know I sound like a broken record already, but I love keyboards.😄
- I love the beat drop for the chorus. It’s still chill but more bouncy.
- The colours and graphics for the music video are perfect.
- I love the vocal layering on this.
- LEE HI’s vocal runs are soft but beautiful. The production on this song is really exceptional.
- Oooh, nice ending with the synthesized/distorted instrumental.
- Yep, “Yours” by Raiden x Chanyeol ft. LEE HI & Changmo gets a solid 10/10 from me. Another song for my playlist.
“Sometimes” by Baek Ji Woong(Prod. JungKey) – Reaction to Official MV:
- This marks my second song from Baek Ji Woong.
- I enjoy his calm and compelling vocal tone.
- He’s a very talented ballad singer, and I honestly need to find time to check out his previous releases.
- The slight raspiness of his voice is soothing to my ears. Plus, the vibe of this song is relaxing.
- This song started out with a soft piano and then paced up a bit with the introduction of a guitar to the mix.
- The couple in the music video is adorable.
- Is this song about them reminiscing their time together? Doesn’t that mean they broke up?😥
- I love the instrumental and vocal progression of this song.
- Baek Ji Woong’s high note is smooth, and I love how his vocals floated out at the end.
- CLASSIC BALLAD’S ARE SO BEAUTIFUL.
- I checked out the English lyrics, and it is about reminiscing the precious moments of a previous relationship.
- I really enjoyed listening to “Sometimes” by Baek Ji Woong, and it’s since it falls under one of my favourite genres, I couldn’t help but fall in love with this song.
- My rating is a solid 10/10. I already added it to my playlist.
Although I had to stay up late, I enjoyed listening to all these artists. I discovered some quality R&B, Hip-hop and EDM albums. I also got a fantastic ballad track to soothe my soul, so I am pleased. I will be sleeping well tonight.
What do you all think of the songs I reviewed?