American and Kpop collaborations are always a hit or miss for me but let’s see what Lady Gaga and BLACKPINK have for us with “Sour Candy”
(This is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to this song.)
Official Audio –
Reaction to Lyric Video:
- Alright, I hear that classic electronic sound that I know and love from Lady Gaga.
- We are starting out with Jennie, and I think I like the instrumental so far.
- I love it when Lisa sings. She sounds beautiful.
- Jisoo’s vocal tone is quite shallow and soothing. I love her.
- By the way, Jisoo is my bias.
- Right now, we have the girls starting out the song, but I wonder what Lady Gaga’s part and the chorus drop will sound like.
- Jisoo sounds so sexy on the “uh-huh, uh-huh” part. I love how they dragged and dropped her voice at the end. Plus, the background vocals were perfect for that section.
- Ooo, Lady Gaga came in fierce and with a more melodic tone. Her part and Jisoo’s are my favourites.
- I noticed that the beat switched up a bit once she entered the mix.
- Wait… I wasn’t expecting this kind of chorus. She’s talk-singing in a monotone voice.😂
- Took me off guard for a minute, but… okay.
- I like the chorus and the melody for “Come, come, unwrap me. Come, come, unwrap me.” is quite catchy.
- I really love Lady Gaga’s verses. The production is top-notch, and Lady Gaga’s voice is incredible.
- And we are back to BLACKPINK with Rose’s sultry voice.
- Oh, that “Take a bite, take a bite. So sour candy.” is groovy.💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
- I am living for the retro instrumental.
- I have to replay this song before giving my rating.
- “Sour Candy” by Lady Gaga ft. BLACKPINK is an excellent retro/electronic song, and I absolutely enjoyed listening to it.
- It took me a while to get into the vibe, but after blasting it on my headphones, I loved it more. So my rating for it is 9/10.