Yes, I am here to give you all my review for the repackaged version of NCT 127’s second album. This version is called Neo Zone: The Final Round, and it has seventeen tracks with four new songs added. The title track is “Punch”
Now since I have already reviewed the original album, I will only be checking out the four new songs. If you need to read my previous review or NCT 127’s profile, use this link 👉🏼 NCT #127 – Neo Zone: Album Review
With the original album, I added my six favourite songs (Kick It, Boom, Day Dream, Love Song, White Night and Not Alone) to my personal playlist. So I want to see how many of these new tracks will make my cut.
(Please note – this is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to each song.)
Reaction to Official MV/Title Track:
- Oh, what is the computer game sound?
- I love their robotic choreography.
- So the first title track was “Kick It”, and now we have “Punch”. They really want to fight.😂😂😂
- Is that game sound going to stay throughout the song?
- I kind of like it.
- I am feeling this gothic leather and chain outfits the boys have on.
- Thankfully I have English captions, but with everything going on, I can’t really pay attention to the lyrics.
- Once again, they incorporated some fighting moves into the dance.
- Okay, Taeyong needs to calm down. The way he came in whispering his part was too disrespectful.
- Jaehyun just had to follow suit and whisper his lines also. Why are these boys like this?
- Anytime I react to NCT 127, they keep coming for my neck.
- That “Hot, Hot, Hot” line is pure eargasm.
- Wait a minute Johnny…. you didn’t have to come in like that.
- At first, I thought Haechan was about to slay me, but then Johnny’s vocals said: “hold up, sister, I’M HERE.”😏
- Honestly, Johnny has been serving me looks, vocals, and center power this entire era. I am living for his energy. DAMN BOY.
- Yes, Taeil, kindly come in with those classic high notes.
- The chorus is smooth but still LIT. “Hey, We Ballin’.”
- I think they switched the beat up a little during that section.
- I like how the intense beats drop out during the vocal sections. It draws all your focus to the singer’s voice, and Doyoung sounds fantastic.
- In fact, all the vocalists are killing it.
- They need to give my boy Yuta more lines. I have only seen him in the center once since the music video started, and he’s just dancing.
- SM?????😠 Yuta is slaying his look, and yet he can’t even shine like others???
- By the way, my second favourite outfit for this music video is the red jacket on jeans.
- I love how they slowed the tempo of the chorus towards the end before blessing us with incredible vocal runs in the background.
- I enjoyed listening to “Punch”, It has the classic retro sound, which I appreciate. It’s for sure, going on my personal playlist.
- However, I don’t think this song holds up to the original title track, so I can’t give it a full score.
- Therefore, my rating for “Punch” by NCT #127 is 9/10.
- NonStop – This has a similar retro sound. I love how sharply they came with the rap, and the vocal entry was smooth and fitting. I am here for this vibe. Honestly, the singing sections and instrumentalization on this track are A+++. I’m not feeling the first part of the chorus, but the rest of the song sounds okay to me. I love the intense build-up for the bridge. It definitely took the song to the next level. I’m 70/30 on this song. I like some parts, and then other parts seem off for me. Maybe after a few more listens, I will come to enjoy it more. I have to listen to it again… okay after a few more listens, it sounds way better. My current rating for “NonStop” is 8.5/10.
- Prelude – This is a 1:45 minute introduction into “Kick It”, and it’s basically a remix of the Kick It instrumental. It starts out quite slow and then gradually builds up into the energy of the next track. I LIKE THAT.
- Make Your Day – This seems to be a slow song compared to the rest. It’s like an R&B ballad. NCT’s vocalists nail every note that comes out from their mouth, and the vocal runs on this track are blessed. I love the soft piano and classical instrumental, It’s soothing. Taeil sounds like he’s floating through the sky, and Haechan’s voice is killing me softly. I’m living for every moment of this song. So my guess is that only Doyoung, Taeil, Haechan, Jaehyun and Jungwoo are on this. “Make Your Day” is a beautiful song. I LOVE IT. The harmonies and high notes gave me major eargasm. My rating for it is 10/10.
– “Punch” – “NonStop” and – “Make Your Day” are now on my personal playlist. This means I have nine songs in total from the Neo Zone album. Therefore, I can conclude that NCT #127 did a standard job with this repackaged version. Even though I have my faves, I do enjoy going back once in a while to hear the other tracks. So yea, the boys did their thing with this era. I hope they get some well-deserved rest before their next comeback and SM😒, give my boy Yuta more lines next time. Please, and Thank you.
What do you all think of the new songs on the repackaged album?