“Jade” is LAY’s pre-release single towards his upcoming 4th album. There is no music video for this track yet. However, I’m too excited to wait, so let’s check it out now. I can still react to the music video once it drops.
Zhang Yixing, known by the stage name LAY or Lay Zhang, is a Chinese singer-songwriter, dancer, music producer, and actor. He officially debuted in 2012 under SM Entertainment as a member of the Kpop group EXO. His career as a solo singer began in October 2016 with the release of his song – “What You Need?”. He then made his official debut with the EP – Lose Control on October 28th, 2016.
(Please note – this is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to this song.)
Reaction to Audio Track:
- I knew we were getting some traditional instruments once I saw the track photo.
- I love the instrumentalization of this. The way it starts out with the traditional sounds and then that heavy beat drops.
- It is PERFECT.
- It looks like this is all in English as I expected from Lay.
- Oh, don’t mind me, it’s not entirely in English.😄
- I assumed that this was going to be a sentimental song, but Lay is going off. This is a legit BOP!!!
- I can’t wait to watch the music video because I’m sure the choreography will be superb.
- I love how he’s says – “jade.” That section is LIT.🔥🔥🔥
- I am adding this song to my playlist right now.
- I am already dancing because “Jade” is a full groove.
- There’s no way anyone can listen to the song and sit still.
- Lay did not come to play, and I love how we can still hear the Chinese opera elements throughout the track.
- I love when R&B/hip-hop artists include Chinese opera in their songs. It’s such an entrancing and soothing style of music.
- Lay’s vocals on this track are smooth like Honey. See what I did there???😏 Pun intended.
- I’m not okay.😂😂😂
- I appreciate the 0.43 seconds instrumental-only section at the end.
- This is my new jam, and I will be leaving it on replay for a long time.
- As expected from Lay, he didn’t disappoint. Hence my rating for this new single “Jade” is a solid 10/10.
- Here is a video with English translation –
- Spotify Link –
If you like the featured image for this post, they are LAY’s cover photos for Madame Figaro Hommes – May 2020 Issue: