Taeyeon dropped her new digital single “Happy” on May 4th. I have been looking forward to this song for a long while now. It was initially supposed to be released on March 9th, but Taeyeon lost her dad, so it had to be postponed. May his soul Rest in Peace.🙏🏼Kim Tae-yeon is a South Korean singer signed to SM Entertainment. She goes by the stage name Taeyeon. Apart from being a well-recognized solo artist, she is also a member of the famous female pop group – Girls’ Generation. Taeyeon officially began her solo career in 2015 with her first EP titled I. The title track of her first EP is actually one of my favourite songs. She looks so pretty in the teaser images. I love the orange hair.
(Please note – this is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to this song.)
Reaction to Official MV:
- I’m thankful for the English captions, and this song started right away.
- I love the melody – “Happy La La La… Happy, Happy, Happy.” It’s catchy.
- I miss buying tapes/ CDs and listening to them on a walkman.
- I plan to buy an adorable CD player soon, so when I get all my albums, I can play them in cuteness.😂😂😂
- Ooooh, I LOVE THIS.
- What is that brassy sound in the instrumental? I LOVE IT.
- This song is pure bliss for my ears.
- Taeyeon sounds incredible, and she is serving looks also.
- “Happy” is one of those songs that have me 100% from the first note.
- The melody… people. This melody is too beautiful. I’m adding this song to my playlist right now.
- The drums on this track are so good.
- I also love the visuals with different types of flowers. The bright colours for the music video are so pretty.
- “Happy La La La… Happy, Happy, Happy” – that line is stuck in my head now.
- I love the casual music video. It really fits the mood of the song.
- Taeyeon is so gorgeous. I wish my skin could be healthy as hers.
- The background vocals/layering on this are soothing, and I love how smoothly she transitioned into the bridge section.
- This song truly does justice to its title. I feel very light-hearted and pleased.
- I hope she is also doing okay.
- Thank you, Taeyeon, for such an adorable and beautiful song.👏👏👏
- My rating for “Happy” is a solid 10/10.