On April 27th, CHUNG HA dropped her pre-release digital single – “Stay Tonight” in preparation for her upcoming album. Here are some photos and MV stills she released as teasers for this single –
Kim Chung-ha’s actual birth name is Kim Chan-mi, but she is now popularly known as CHUNG HA. She is a South Korean singer-songwriter, dancer and choreographer. She placed fourth during Mnet’s group survival show Produce 101 and was formerly a member of the resulting group, I.O.I. CHUNG HA later debuted as a soloist in 2017 with the EP – Hands on Me.
(Please note – this is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to this song.)
Reaction to Official MV:
- I’m getting great vibes from the teaser images, so I think this is going to be good.
- Quite a mystical intro for this music video.
- I love how the instrumental started out slow and then intensified for CHUNG HA’s vocal entry.
- She is such a fantastic dancer.
- I wish this music video had English captions, but I’ll just check for them later.
- Her vocal power in this song is incredible.
- That high note right before the chorus is too perfect.
- I’m living for the beat switch during the chorus section. It’s bouncy and very catchy.
- I also love the white outfit CHUNG HA has on in that part.
- This choreography has major vogue movements. It’s elegant and beautiful to watch.
- Wow, the male dancers have on heavy makeup, and they’re all dancing in heels. Interesting.
- The coordination between the dancers and CHUNG HA is impeccable.
- I love the glitter/diamond filter they used for some scenes in the music video.
- The chorus section is so groovy, that’s my favourite part of this song. Also, the little waist move they do during that section is another delight.
- CHUNG HA is killing this song vocally. She sounds so perfect.
- “Stay Tonight” is another excellent track from the talent soloist CHUNG HA.
- I enjoyed listening to it, but I don’t see myself going back to play it a lot.
- Hence my rating is for this pre-release digital single is 8/10.
- I will still be keeping an eye out for her upcoming album.