Earlier today, Solar released her solo debut single album titled Spit It Out. I thought this was going to be a full album because of the initial teaser image, but it’s actually just a digital single. Kim Yong-sun, popularly known as Solar, is a South Korean singer-songwriter and leader of the girl group – Mamamoo. She was born on February 21st, 1991.
(Please note – this is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to this song.)
Reaction to Official MV:
- Right of the bat, the visuals are impressive.
- Yes, I have English captions.
- I love the beat during the intro with her dancers. I thought that was the start of the track but nope.
- The actual song begins quite abruptly.
- I am living for the choreography. It’s so fluid and interactive.
- I hope they bring back that beat from the intro. It was great.
- I love the sultry vocal tone that Solar is using for this song.
- Nice touch with the short guitar riff entry into each verse
- So far, the instrumental for this mostly includes drum beats and that constant note on the guitar.
- Solar is stunning, and this hair colour is doing her major justice.
- This song gets better and better as it progresses. I like it.
- I love the use of silence right before the chorus. Such a perfect way to lure your listener.
- The chorus is lit, and “Spit it out” is officially a BOP.
- At first, I was skeptical, but I am genuinely feeling this tune. Great job, Solar👏👏👏.
- All her outfits and makeup are on point. She is beautiful.
- Okay, this verse after the chorus is giving me strong Spanish vibes. Starting from the lyrics – “Sin prisa pero sin pausa,” to the guitar and then that section’s choreography.
- I love this music video. Simple setting, but the lighting and filming technique make it suitable.
- I am living for that silence and her “Set a fire, fire, fire” that comes right before the chorus.
- Once again, this chorus. Whoa!!!… it is classic.💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
- Oooh, sis decided to slow things down. Now I’m body rolling 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼.
- Yesss, Solar, show them!!!!
- The beat and everything about the slow breakdown screams pure excellence. Solar did not come to play with this debut single.
- Sis is killing it.
- Oh, that perfect use of silence again, and she looks great with the bald look.
- Yesss.. my chorus is back. Party after party things people!!!!💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
- I don’t care what anyone thinks. “Spit it out” by Solar gets a solid 10/10 from me.
- Now I am off to play this song to my heart’s content.