I am slowly falling in love with Dino Lee’s sound, so I have taken it upon myself to check out all his new releases. Last month, I reviewed his beautiful single “Be Me”. If you haven’t seen that post, use this link 👉🏼 Missed Reviews Compilation – Part 3. At that time, I only had the lyric video, but he has released the official music video –
For this post, I will be reviewing his latest single – “I’m Coming Home”, which dropped yesterday. Lee Yu-Hsi, popularly known as Dino Lee, is a Taiwanese singer-songwriter, composer and actor. He was born on March 31st, 1993, which makes him 27 years old. He began his career in 2014 with the single – “Everything Changes”. He is best known for his role as Ou Yang Fei in the 2015 Taiwanese romance film – Our Times. He is a member of the Unstoppable Trio, which also includes Ian Chen and Bii.
(Please note – this is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to this song.)
Reaction to Official Lyric Video:
- He’ll probably release a music video for this later on.
- The sound, in the beginning, makes me feel like I’m in a time-travelling machine hoping to arrive in the future. Weird, but that’s the vibe I got.
- Oooh, I love the guitar start for this song.
- I’ve noticed that Dino Lee’s voice is quite shallow, and I like the effect it creates when I’m listening to his songs.
- He possesses excellent vocal control. Sometimes he sounds light on the ears, then other times, he seems very powerful.
- I’ve also noticed that both “Be Me” and “I’m Coming Home” have simple melodies that are easy to follow. I caught myself singing along when the “oh, oh, oh, oh” section. It’s catchy.
- The background vocals in this are quite spontaneous, but they’re perfect.
- I can also hear some beautiful vocal layering whenever he draws his ending notes.
- I LIKE THIS. It’s a feel-good song, and I am enjoying every moment.
- The song progression is not too over the top just like “Be Me”
- What truly brings this song home for me is Dino Lee’s voice, the guitar and drums instrumental, and finally, the background vocals.
- “I’m Coming Home” is 3 minutes and 14 seconds long, but it felt too short. I definitely need more time with it.
- I’m going to go ahead and listen to it again.
- I have listened to it four times now, and yea, I genuinely love it. I just added it to my playlist.
- My rating for “I’m Coming Home” by Dino Lee is 10/10.