Hello everyone, I hope you all are in good health. Please continue to stay safe.
Today I started the third season of Heart Signal, the Korean version, and I decided to write a review/recap for the first episode.
Heart Signal is a Korean variety show where six to eight strangers live together in the same house for a month. The house is known as the Signal House. The primary purpose is to discover if these six to eight individuals can find love and even build a relationship while living together. The show also incorporates panellists with various experiences in dating and romance. The people on the panel are placed in a separate studio where they can observe, comment and even attempt to guess the potential love lines among the housemates. There is also a Chinese version of this program.
Before I begin, let’s have a formal introduction of the panellist and cast members for this season. There are six individuals on the panel and eight housemates for this season.
(Pardon the picture quality, I wanted to stick with screenshots).
– Yoon Shi Yoon
– Han Hye-jin
– Lee Sang Min
– Kim Ea Na
– Yang Jae Ung
Signal House Cast Members:
– Cheon In Woo
– Jun Eui Dong
– Lee Ga Heun
– Im Han Gyeol
– Seo Min Jae
– Park Ji Hyun
(Please note – this is a real-time review/recap. This means I typing down my exact thoughts while watching this program.)
My Thoughts on Episode 1:
- I want the panel for this season to be as funny as the ones on the second season of the Chinese version, but I also want them to have their own unique dynamic.
- I love the panel’s studio. It has an antique vibe.
- So, as usual, when the panel members make the right predictions, they get a signal gemstone.
- I find it so cute that they used different animals to represent each housemate’s secret Instagram account –
- Alright, the first housemate is in. His name is Cheon In Woo. He is giving me a classy and calm vibe for now.
- Oooh, the next guy is spotting some tattoos. I honestly don’t like that they blurred out his tattoos but whatever.
- His name is Jun Eui Dong. He seems to be the reserved type, and he’s also really gentle. There’s definitely more to him.
- This season’s house has an art gallery-inspired design. I really like it.
- The first arrivals are always so awkward.😂😂😂
- Okay, the next housemate is a lady. Lee Ga Heun, she is so pretty. I feel like she’s an outgoing type.
- The awkward silence is killing me. Try starting some small conversations, guys.
- Next roommate is Im Han Gyeol. He is good looking, and he seems like a quiet type, but we’ll see.
- We need one more guy to complete this set and three more girls to get the ball rolling.
- Ga Heun seems really interested in Han Gyeol. She noticed his perfume and also tried striking a conversation with him. Is sis already shooting her shot?😏😏😏
- The second girl to join the Signal house is Seo Min Jae. She seems like the type that could quickly get along with everyone.
- Ooo, another lady… Her name is Park Ji Hyun, and she has such a pretty smile. One of those smiles that automatically makes you smile back at her. Wow.😍😍😍
- Oops, I forgot. They usually start out with six housemates, and then the other two come in a bit later.
- Moving on… they need to prepare a Christmas dinner party, and five of them are not good at cooking. Thankfully Park Ji Hyun is there to save them.
- Their dining room and the set is so beautiful –
- I love the interior design for this house. It is clean, classic but still modern enough, and so aesthetically pleasing.
- The kitchen is quite tight tho. I prefer kitchens with more open space because I want to be able to move around without hitting someone or something.
- Oooh, the tension is here. Aahhh!!!, I don’t think I’m ready.
- Cheon In Woo and Im Han Gyeol seem to be competing for the attention of Park Ji Hyun.
- So far, Cheon In Woo is winning.
- Lee Ga Heun also seems interested in Cheon In Woo, but his eyes are not on her.
- Things are still very awkward and silent among the housemates, which is reasonable since it’s the first episode.
- Right now, I think I can predict the love line of four housemates, but I am still blank on Seo Min Jae and Jun Eui Dong.
- Here are my predictions –
– Cheon In Woo and Park Ji Hyun will send text messages to each other.
– Im Han Gyeol will send a text message to Park Ji Hyun.
– Lee Ga Heun will send a text message to Cheon In Woo.
- When making my predictions for the first episode, I try not to over-analyze every moment because I have learnt from past experiences that everyone tends to swim towards one housemate of each gender at first.
- Still, who knows? They might prove me wrong.
- Let’s see the panel’s predictions –
– Cheon In Woo, Im Han Gyeol and Jun Eui Dong will all send text messages to Park Ji Hyun. Damn, if that’s actually the case, then what about the other girls?😢😢😢
– Seo Min Jae will send a text message to Im Han Gyeol. I could see why.
– Lee Ga Heun and Park Ji Hyun will both send text messages to Cheon In Woo.
- Alright, now let’s see the final results –
– Cheon In Woo and Park Ji Hyun sent text messages to each other as expected.
– The judges were right about Jun Eui Dong. He sent a text to Park Ji Hyun.
– Seo Min Jae sent a text to Im Han Gyeol.
– Lee Ga Heun sent a text to Cheon In Woo as predicted.
– The last man standing, Im Han Gyeol. He sent a text to Lee Ga Heun… I didn’t see that coming, but it’s a nice twist.
- Hmmm, why didn’t they show their text messages? That’s weird. Unless they plan to show it in the next episode.
- I have a feeling that Im Han Gyeol chose Lee Ga Heun because he was angry about the situation that happened in the kitchen. Cheon In Woo kept interrupting his time with Park Ji Hyun.
- Personally, I think he is still very interested in Park Ji Hyun. Plus, from the previews for episode two, he’s coming on stronger.
Alright, guys. That is it for this post. I know it’s quite long, but I had to introduce everyone properly. The next nine recaps/reviews for this program will be shorter. I think I might watch episode two tomorrow.
Here is a link to the English subbed version of this program: Heart Signal (Korean Version) on Viki