WINNER just dropped their pre-release single titled “Hold”. This new track is a tease for their upcoming 3rd full album – Remember. Before providing a profile for this group, allow me to share my personal relationship with them. I got into Kdramas and Kpop in 2013. Hence WINNER, along with INFINITE, were my first groups. I remember watching the survival program, WIN: Who Is Next. Back then, they had five members and were known as Team A. I watched all their shows, interviews and listened to every track they released. Basically, I was seriously committed. But in 2016, my bias Teahyun left the group, and I remember feeling so sad. Like legit, I cried, and my roommates were laughing at me for crying over a Kpop group. But to me, it was painful to see one member leave because I was with them throughout their journey. I still continued to support WINNER, but it was never the same. I feel their sound and vibe changed a bit. I was a bit thrown off at first, but after some time, I got used to it. Also, my experience with WINNER made it quite hard for me to devote my time to newer groups because I was scared😂😂😂. Thankfully I am over it now. Currently, I do have a few other groups that I am really dedicated to.
Sorry for my long rant, I just wanted to share my thoughts with you guys. Alright, here is a profile for WINNER –WINNER is a South Korean boy group that was formed by YG Entertainment in 2013 through the survival program WIN: Who Is Next. They debuted in 2014 with a full studio album titled 2014 S/S. Their debut claimed the number one spot on Gaon Album Chart and Billboard World Album Chart. They were officially named “Monster Rookies”. WINNER was initially made up of five members, but Taehyun left in November 2016 due to health issues. Now only four members remain – Jinwoo, Seunghoon, Mino and Seungyoon. This upcoming album marks WINNERS’ last comeback before the members start their mandatory military service.
(Please note – this is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to this song.)
Reaction to Official MV:
- I like what I heard from their teaser, so I am excited to see how this song turns out.
- Also, the fact that this features AKMU’s Lee Su-hyun is a plus for me.
- Is she going to sing as well, or is she just featuring in the video?
- I already gave a thumbs up to the music video even before watching because they’re my babies.
- WINNER is such a goofy group, I love them, and I like this green hair on Seungyoon.
- I love the intro beat, it sounds like a very funky xylophone.
- So Su-hyun is their little sister?
- Okay, the beat sure goes hard, and l live for Mino’s raps. He always sounds bouncy and on point.
- Why are they all trying to get her phone??? What is she hiding?
- Oooh, how I missed Seungyoon’s voice.
- I love the build-up that happens right before the chorus.
- Also, the lyrics for that section are quite catchy – “1 sec.. 2 sec.. 3 sec.. (Brrrr). 1 year.. 2 years.. 3 years.. (Brrrr).” I love the melody.
- 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 These dorks can never be serious. Their dancing during the chorus is killing me.
- Also, “Hold” has already proven itself as a BOP.
- I am already grooving hard💃💃💃. “na na.. na na na na!!!”
- Are they making fun of Su-hyun because she is in love? Lmao, annoying beings.
- They are the typical overprotective and annoying older brothers.
- Seungyoon looks even more heavenly in black hair. He is my current bias, by the way. My maknae leader.
- I love his rocker style vocals, it’s so distinctive and beautiful.
- I’m dead😂😂😂😂. What’s wrong with these boys. The butt dancing has me shook.😶😶😶
- What did they drink before shooting this music video??? LOL.
- I really love this song.
- Did they just scare Su-hyun’s boyfriend away with all their theatricals? And they are so happy about him leaving.
- LMAO, this music video is killing me. All members of WINNER are adorable, I can’t deal.😍😍😍
- “Hold” is definitely a 10/10. It is going on my playlist, and I am so excited for the full album now.