My baby Bii released a new single three days ago, and I am more than ready to check it out. LOL, I don’t think I should be calling him my baby any longer because he is now married. For those who are not aware, Bii announced his marriage on Valentine’s day. It took so many fans, including myself, by surprise. I was shocked but very happy for him. His fans were very supportive, they sent him a lot of congratulatory messages.💓💓💓 I already have a detailed bio for Bii on this blog. It can be accessed with this link 👉🏼 Bii: Star Showcase
For those who do not want to click the link, here is a quick breakdown – Bi Shu Jin, popularly known as Bii, is a Taiwanese singer and actor. I discovered him through the Taiwanese TV series Love Around, and I have been in love with his voice since then.
(Note – this is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to this song.)
Reaction to Lyric Video:
- There isn’t a music video available for this track yet, so I will be watching the lyric video.
- I do not have English captions, and since this song is new, I doubt that I will find a video with English translations. All the same, let’s appreciate the vocals for now.
- First of all, let me just point out that I absolutely love the picture for this single. Something about Bii sitting down in front of an antique clock is doing a lot for me.
- The beginning of the song gives off a mystical feel, and I appreciate that.
- Now, if you’ve read a good number of my music reviews, then you should know how I feel about an excellent soft piano entry. This track has that, so I am excited.
- His voice is so beautiful and soothing. Even without understanding the lyrics, I can feel the emotions that he intends to communicate with each note.
- I wonder what the music video will look like.
- “You” has a lovely melody.
- Bii has this breathy tone that he always uses during the chorus of very emotional songs, and I love listening to him sing like that.
- The instrumental is absolutely breathtaking with the inclusion of classical elements towards the end of the first chorus.
- With the second verse, the drums are more intense, and the classical elements are more resonant. I think this was done to indicate the climax.
- The production for the instrumental makes sense since the vocal parts of the song do not have any strong high notes or runs.
- The lyrics for this song are definitely heartfelt. Even without understanding anything, I can tell that much.
- “You” is a beautiful and calming song, so I can see myself listening to it a lot. However, compared to other songs from Bii, it doesn’t make it to the top of my list.
- Therefore my rating for this new single is 9/10.