This is my first time listening to anything from this group, so I am not too sure what to expect. I have heard good reviews about them, so I have my fingers crossed. I know this review is a few days late, but I have been busy, and I really wanted to check this out. ATEEZ is a South Korean boy group with eight members – Kim Hongjoong, Park Seonghwa, Jeong Yunho, Kang Yeosang, Choi San, Song Mingi, Jung Wooyoung and Choi Jongho. They officially debuted on the 24th of October, 2018 with Treasure EP. 1: All to Zero. On January 6th, they released their fourth mini-album – TREASURE EPILOGUE: Action to Answer. “Answer” is the title track for this comeback. So they are a relatively new group.
Okay, it is time to see what they have to offer.
(Please note – this is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to each song.)
Reaction to Official MV/Title Track:
- The first few seconds of the instrumental sounds promising.
- Plus, the deep humming, in the beginning, is giving me good vibes.
- This group definitely has exceptional singers.
- Love how the rap came in and little background vocal runs going on during that section.
- Their voices are so beautiful.
- Who has that deep voice? I NEED HIS NAME.
- The chorus is groovy and catchy. I love how crunchy the instrumental sounds during that section.
- The music video also has gorgeous visuals, and I like that all members got a fair share of individual screen time.
- They are all handsome men, by the way. I always appreciate a visual feast.
- The scene where they have the hats on is pure art.
- And I like that the bridge before the end took a different turn. It spiced things up and retained any attention till the end.
- I want to see a live performance because the energy from the music video alone is incredible.
- Okay, what does this last scene mean? Did they just leave me with a cliff hanger?
- I am going to watch the video again and then check out a live performance.
- I love everything about this song. The energy is astounding.
- The instrumental fits perfectly well with the concept of this track. It gives off that feeling of marching forward while acknowledging every accomplishment on the way.
- Live performance –
- Yesss… they kept the same energy while performing. Good job.👏👏👏
- They seem to be singing live, I appreciate that.
- Okay, I know that this album is a conclusion of an ongoing trilogy but because I have not been following this group. I do not see the need to discuss any theories.
- All the same, I can tell that ATEEZ is a solid group. So I need to do more research on them after I finish my work for today.
Album Review: Here is a preview of the album –
- Answer – I am just going to chill through this track. I already said it all.
- Horizon – Why does this sound so Arabian in the beginning. Is it just me getting such vibes from the lady’s voice in the background? Great choice with the EDM instrumental, the start definitely got my attention. I love the switch between a soft tone to a deeper one during the singing parts. They have an excellent range of vocalists, and the rappers are also incredible. What is this trap like feel? I AM IN LOVE. “Horizon” is a very intriguing track. It has an unexpected sound, but it can be appreciated from the first listen. I am genuinely impressed. And the way the beat switches up towards the end, plus the high notes. At this point, I can clearly state that I am in love with ATEEZ. This song is 🔥🔥🔥.
- Star 1117 – Okay, we are taking things a bit slower now. I love their voices, I need to finish this and go learn about each vocalist. This is so soothing. I like how the drums are used to add in rhythm. This is the classic RnB sound but still very refreshing to hear because of how beautiful they sound. Ooo, there is some guitar playing as well. Excellent production on instrumental. Yesss to the vocal runs and high notes. I have to replay this track. At this rate, the entire album will be added to my playlist.
- Precious – This starts out in a way that leaves you anticipating how the drop during the chorus is going to happen. Right now, I am just like okay, what is coming next? I like that all the exciting elements are not given away from the start. Yess to the flawless falsetto notes. I KNEW IT. I HAD A STRONG FEELING THAT THE DROP WAS GOING TO TAKE ME BY SUPRISE 😂😂😂. By the way, I am enjoying the EDM vibe of this album. On a regular, I am not the biggest fan of EDM, but when it sounds this funky, I genuinely appreciate it. “Precious” is a BOP. I have my stank face on right now while grooving 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼… all I need now is a disco light. The rappers are killing it on this track. YESSS. I love how they all joined in to sing the chorus at the end. ATEEX keeps on giving me more feels with each song, so I think I just found my new obsession. WHAT???… how can they end this song on such a chill and soft note, the disrespect.
- Outro: Long Journey – This one has a video, but it is not actually a song. More like a spoken word conclusion to their trilogy, I guess. All the same, the instrumental on this is beautiful. This articulates power and hope. I also appreciate the fact that it is entirely in English.
My rating for TREASURE EPILOGUE: Action to Answer by ATEEZ is a solid 10/10. I was WOWED, so I will be keeping an eye out for them now. I am so glad that I discovered this group because I would have been missing out on such great music. Also, I must get my hands on a physical copy of this album.
Now I am off to go listen to all their albums. Luckily for me, they are a relatively new group.