MIND U formerly known as Acourve is a South Korean duo formed by Bridge Media. They debuted on the 25th of October, 2013 with the single – “What I Want To Say”. They later made another official debut under Starship Entertainment on the 27th of April, 2017 with the song “Loved U”. The name change was due to trademark issues with their previous agency. The two members of the group are Jaehee (vocalist) and Godak (producer). The duo released their new digital single – “Wrong Number” on the 20th of December. This is my first time listening to a song from this group.
(Note – this is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to this song.)
Reaction to Official MV:
- Okay, so the couple just broke up.
- The singer’s voice is quite unique.
- So they are reminiscing their time together as a couple.
- I love a good ballad.
- I like that his voice does not seem too overly processed. It feels raw, almost as if he was singing live.
- I love how the drums came in with the second verse.
- His singing also gets a little bit more intense after the drums come in. Nice build-up.
- This is a very calm track.
- This song is probably about the feeling of still being in love with an ex and wondering if they also miss you. I do not have English captions, so I am not sure.
- This is a lovely song, but I do not see myself listening to it a lot.
- I will check out other songs from this duo, just to see if there is anything in their discography that suits my taste more.
- My rating for “Wrong Number” by MIND U is 8/10.