I saved the queens for last. Davichi is a South Korean duo formed in 2008. The group consists of Lee Hae-Ri and Kang Min-Kyung. They are also the unbeatable queens of South Korean drama soundtracks. I discovered them through OSTs, and I have come to love their music ever since then. My favourite songs from Davichi are “Nostalgia” and “Beside Me”. I listen to both songs a lot. “Dear” is a new digital single that was released by the duo on the 3rd of December, and I have been itching to check it out. Finally, I can now listen to it, so let us get right into it.
(Note – this is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to this song.)
Reaction to M2 LIVE of Dear:
- Here is the official audio on Davichi’s YouTube channel –
- But what I will be reacting to is their live performance since this song does not have a music video –
- They both look stunning
- I was expecting a ballad, but this is quite upbeat.
- Their voices are like heaven to my ears. Some people are just blessed with angelic voices.
- The instrumental on this is very melodic.
- All their notes are stable and effortless.
- This is almost like a slow dance song. I am really enjoying listening to “Dear”.
- Yess, harmonies.
- This is such a lovely song.
- Honestly, they make the high notes seem too easy, but I know if I tried, it would be a different story.
- I love it when songs have modulations.
- I love how they ended the song in harmony, so beautiful.
- Okay, this is going on my playlist for sure.
- I love the melody of this song. It is catchy.
- Time to watch it again with English captions.
- Listening to it the second time, I just noticed a constant drum note which I love.
- So “Dear” is about their appreciation for each other and all the times they have experienced together. The good, the bad and the ugly. Thanking each other for always being around and supportive. Finally, no matter how the journey goes in the future, they will still share every moment together.
- I love the message. Sister love. Spread the love.
- Love, love…. and more love. It is the season.
- I really enjoyed listening to this song, it puts me in a cheerful mood.
- My rating for “Dear” by Davichi is 10/10.
- Am I too generous with my ratings today, or is every song I listened to just awesome?