I have listened to a good number of this duo’s original soundtracks for Kdramas, but I never got to check out their own songs. MeloMance is a South Korean duo that debuted on the 10th of March, 2015 with the EP – Sentimental. The group, of course, has two members – Kim Min-seok is the vocalist, and Jeong Dong-hwan is the pianist. They have graced the soundtracks of popular South Korean dramas like Mr. Sunshine, A Korean Odyssey, Because This Is My First Life, etc. They will be going on a hiatus soon due to Min-seok’s upcoming military enlistment, but a mini-album is set for release on the 25th of November.
Earlier today, they released the title track “Festival”.
(This is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to the song.)
Review of Title track/MV:
- Already the vocals and instrumental is reaching for my soul. It is beautiful.
- They are so cute with the little dance they did at the beginning of the music video.
- I love how it starts out slow but starts getting more upbeat.
- Ooooh, Christmas arrived early with this one.
- Once again, another music video missing English Subtitles. The pain of being an international fan.
- Yesss to the Christmas bells. I love Christmas, it is my favourite holiday and plus I am a December baby.💕💕
- This is such a perfect feel-good song.
- The music video is so adorable.
- I am really enjoying this. Min-seok’s voice is lovely, and the instrumental for this is top-notch.
- I love the little seconds towards the end when the instrumental stops, allowing Min-seok’s voice to stand alone for a while.
- I did not forget Dong-hwan. I can hear him on the keyboard, and I love how he ended the song.
- Apparently, the video makes reference to their previous releases, but because I have not listened to any of their songs before, I cannot understand any of it.
- I have just one word for this song – JOYFUL. I mean, who could hate this.
- Time to watch the music video again.
- I still love it after my fourth listen.
- I am kind of sad that now that I finally decided to check them out, I will not be getting any new song for two years.😢😢
- Anyways my rating for this is 10/10. “Festival” lightens up my mood, it makes me happy.
I hope Min-seok stays safe though out his enlistment, and I hope to hear more great songs from MeloMance soon. I will be on a lookout for the full album.
Now it is time to check out their discography. I am starting with the song “Gift”.