In this post, I will be reviewing the bonus tracks for Taeyeon’s second album – Purpose. “Four Seasons” and “Blue” were released earlier this year by Taeyeon as digital singles.
“Four Seasons” was initially released on the 24th of March, 2019. It included the B-side track – “Blue.” This single debuted at number one on South Korea’s Gaon Digital Chart. It also reached number six on the Billboard World Digital Songs chart.
Review of “Four Seasons” MV:
- Right from the start, this is a beautiful song. It has a great melody.
- Taeyeon looks stunning, and her voice is charming.
- I love the colour scheme for the music video. The aesthetics of the video makes it really fascinating to watch.
- The instrumental of this song is perfect. Not too upbeat and very relaxing.
- “Four Seasons” has a different feel from what I usually hear from her. From the few songs I have listened to, I can already tell that she likes to try different concepts.
- The song speaks about reminiscing a past love and how it once felt like that relationship would last forever. A lot of effort was put into maintaining the relationship, but now everything is over.
- I believe that the change of seasons shown in the music video represents how love progressed in the relationship. And at the end, the tree without leaves symbolizes the death of love. Also, Taeyeon is standing by the tree with a briefcase, which means that it is time to move on.
- This is a lovely song. I enjoyed listening to it.
- My rating for “Four Seasons” is 10/10 because I can definitely listen to it on repeat without getting bored.
- Here a video with the English translation of the lyrics –
“Blue” is the B-side track for the digital single.
- “Blue” is a ballad track, so it is much softer compared to “Four Seasons.”
- I always enjoy ballads because of the beautiful piano pieces played in the background.
- I LOVE THE CHORUS. Taeyeon’s voice sounds enchanting in that section. The way she draws the note on the word blue during the chorus is really catchy.
- This song is about longing for the presence of a past lover. You try to go about your daily life, but your thoughts are still focused on the person who has already left you.
- The instrumental on this is simple, but the soft vocal runs she does throughout the song is a nice touch to make up for that simplicity.
- Even though this song was released in March, it has a winter feel because of its serene vibe.
- My rating for this is a 9/10 because I know I might not listen to it a lot. It is one of those songs that I can play a few times, but I still have to switch to something else.
- Of course, my rating is based on my personal preference, so it does not take away from how good a song is.
Overall I really enjoyed listening to both songs, so I have added them to my personal playlist. From now on, I will try my best to keep up with Taeyeon’s comebacks. She is a great vocalist. Also, I sincerely hope she heals from everything going on with time, much love to her.
That is all for this post, loves. I hope you all continue to have a great week. Here is a live performance of “Four Seasons,” enjoy.💕💕